Apply for Vacancy for Experience Designer at Northeastern University in the USA. The deadline for this job is 31st August 2021.
Northeastern is a global research university and the recognized leader in experience-driven lifelong learning. Also, the world-renowned experiential approach empowers our students, faculty, alumni, and partners to create impact far beyond the confines of discipline, degree, and campus.
The locations in Boston; Charlotte, North Carolina; London; Portland, Maine; San Francisco; Seattle; Silicon Valley; Toronto; Vancouver; and the Massachusetts communities of Burlington and Nahantare nodes in our growing global university system. Additionally, through this network, we expand opportunities for flexible, student-centered learning and collaborative, solutions-focused research.
Northeastern’s comprehensive array of undergraduate and graduate programs in a variety of on-campus and online formats lead to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools. Additionally, among these, we offer more than 195 multi-discipline majors and degrees designed to prepare students for purposeful lives and careers.
About the Opportunity:
This position is designed to fill a needed role in leading, nurturing and supporting the OEL team in designing and developing exemplary learning experiences at Northeastern. Also, this candidate will have demonstrated excellence in course design and development, awareness of latest research and processes and a talent for growing and nurturing a team. Likewise, the Senior LX Designer reports to the Director of Learning Experience (LX) Design.
In addition to existing responsibilities of a Learning Experience Designers the Senior LX Designer will excel in the following areas:
- Supervising a team of Instructional Designers and Learning Experience Designers
- Similarly, supporting the goals of department and manager, the Sr. LX Designer will excel at working cross-functionally. Also, leading OEL task groups and working with media developers, directors, faculty, and others, to ensure timely completion of design and learning experience projects; while maintaining a high quality end product.
- Supporting the director and team by leading efforts in training, development, and coaching of instructional designers as needed; particularly those who report directly to the Senior LX Designer.
- Furthermore, working with the Director to implement needed updates, changes, upgrades as necessary to ensure the design process is on the cutting edge of best practices in online course development in higher-education and supports the mission and goals of the University.
Assisting the Director in the development and implementation of new online degree and certificate programs. Additionally, example of support might include but not be limited to standing in for director for related events, attend department meetings, provide training and mentoring for faculty and staff on the curriculum development process.
- This position requires a Master’s degree in Instructional Design, Educational Psychology or a related field and/or demonstrated equivalent work experience.
- Also, 3+ years of experience in higher education with a track record of innovation with learning technologies and an understanding of learning science principles and technology trends.
- Likewise, leadership abilities in training, mentoring and coaching designers, new or otherwise, in course design, learning experience design. Also, faculty relationship building best practices. The candidate should be able to identify appropriate training and mentoring plans for various issues.
- Ability to take on new design projects with little oversight.
- Additionally, ability to identify needed updates, changes, upgrades as necessary to ensure the design process is on the cutting edge of best practices in online course development in higher-education and supports the mission and goals of the University.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and project management skills (including the ability to manage multiple deadlines, organize and prioritize work). Ability to effectively manage projects that involve diverse individuals who may be local or at a distance.
- A thorough knowledge and experience with best in class approaches to the development of various types of learning experiences required.
- Likewise, experience with one or more learning management systems as well as common software; used in the design and development of learning experiences. Ability to troubleshoot basic educational technology issues.
- Experience working with production groups to build learning assets or curriculum, experience working with a variety of media and web developers.
- Furthermore, demonstrated abilities with use of eLearning tools and technologies (In particular, the articulate suite of products, html, CSS, a basic awareness of video production, and a comfort with learning new tools quickly).
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more job opportunities.