Apply for Vacancy for Fitness Coordinator at Johns Hopkins University in the USA. The category for this job is Athletics and Coaching.
In the summer of 2021, the department will complete a $27 million dollar renovation and expansion of the Ralph S. O’Connor Center for Recreation and Well-Being. Also, this facility will feature all new state-of-the-art equipment for strength and cardiovascular training, expanded group exercise offerings, and mindfulness and meditation programming.
- Work closely with the Assistant Director of Fitness to oversee comprehensive student-oriented fitness offerings on the Homewood campus of Johns Hopkins University
- Additionally, assist in operation of Group Exercise classes, Personal Training services, and informal fitness opportunities taking place within and associated with the newly expanded Ralph S. O’Connor Center for Recreation & Well-Being
- Also, assist in managing the Center’s fitness areas, including the cardio fitness room, weight room, heavy room, functional training area, informal stretch areas, Jungle Gym, F45 franchise, cycling studio, and three multi-purpose studios
- Ensure safety, comfort, cleanliness, and accessibility for all Rec patrons
- Moreover, manage the day-to-day operations via policies, programming, staffing, and training for gym personnel, personal training and group fitness
- Aid in specification, purchasing, inventory, and management of preventative maintenance of all fitness equipment for recreational facilities
- Furthermore, facilitate and help oversee the group exercise classes including scheduling, messaging, programming, and events
- Likewise, manage personal training services and special events
- Hire, train, supervise, and evaluate group fitness instructors, class monitors, personal trainers, and other applicable student staff and independent contractors
- Implement and instruct in-service training, workshops, and certification opportunities for personal trainers & group fitness instructors and personal trainers
- Bachelor’s degree
- Masters in exercise science or related field
- Also, two years professional experience managing a collegiate recreational fitness program preferred.
- Two year Graduate Assistantship in Fitness or related fields will be considered as 1 year professional experience.
- Knowledge or experience within the F45 franchise
- Similarly, specialty fitness certifications including but not limited to:
- Yoga, Pilates, Zumba, Boxing, Aerobics, TRX, Barre etc.
- Additional licenses such as CSCS, massage, meditation, nutrition, etc.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.