Apply for Vacancy for General Counsel at Rosalind Franklin University in the USA. The category for this job is Legal Affairs.
Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science seeks a General Counsel to join their highly collaborative senior leadership team. The General Counsel, who reports to the President of the University, is the lead attorney for and senior legal advisor to the university and its health clinics.
- Provides legal counsel and advice to the university and its health clinics through their respective governing boards and authorized employees and agents, and represents the university and its health clinics as its attorney.
- Also, provides leadership, direction, and integration of compliance activities to fulfill university needs and city, state and federal regulations.
- Maintains a working familiarity of the common legal issues facing institutions of higher education, research institutions, nonprofit entities, and healthcare delivery entities.
- Moreover, manages the outsourcing of legal services to law firms and collaborates and coordinates with those law firms in the rendering of legal services, as deemed appropriate.
- Maintains legal budget and manages the payment of bills for outsourced legal services and other items relating to the Office of General Counsel.
- Likewise, reviews and provides legal advice regarding draft and existing contractual provisions and corporate policies.
- Furthermore, negotiates, prepares, reviews, approves and interprets complex contracts and other legal instruments involving risk or significance to the University and its health clinics.
- Additionally, establishes working guidelines to include internal operating policies, intake procedures, work priorities, turnaround times, quality standards, and other operational benchmarks.
Experience, & Licensure
- JD or similar law degree.
- Likewise, license to practice law in the State of Illinois.
- Furthermore, 10 years of experience in the practice of law. Extensive relevant experience as in-house legal counsel for a corporation or in a subject matter of particular value to the university may substitute for a portion of the otherwise required 10 years of experience in the practice of law.
- Moreover, must receive satisfactory results from a background check.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Commitment to the highest ethical and professional standards; personal and professional integrity beyond reproach; unquestioned discretion in maintaining confidentiality.
- Also, excellent written and oral communications skills in public and private settings; ability to translate complex legal issues for a lay audience.
- Similarly, strong leadership and interpersonal skills, able to collaborate with a diverse population
- Also, excellent skills in legal research.
- Working knowledge of tort, contract, and employment law.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Additionally, ability to work as a member of a team, with respect for others.
- Rational and reasonable conflict-management and mediation skills.
- Experience practicing law as in-house counsel for an institution of higher education.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.