Apply for Vacancy for Genetic Counselor at The State University of New Jersey in the USA. The category for this job is Health and Medical Services.
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey is seeking a Genetic Counselor for the Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences within the Robert Wood Johnson Medical School.
Under the direction of the Chief, Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine and Genetics Supervisor, the Genetic Counselor provides clinical Pediatric and Perinatal genetic counseling services, under physician supervision when needed, for families and/or pregnancies at risk or suspected of having a genetic condition.
New Jersey’s academic health center, Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (RBHS) takes an integrated approach to educating students, providing clinical care, and conducting research, all with the goal of improving human health.
- Constructs and analyzes a patient’s family history including genetic disease/birth defects and all relevant medical information in addition to addressing the reason for referral.
- Also, provides detailed assessment of patient’s pregnancy history including any exposures that may affect the fetus.
- Assists the MFM Physician or Clinical Geneticist as an integral component of the medical genetics team in providing genetic services for pediatric and adult patients.
- Additionally, assesses and interprets the risk for occurrence/recurrence of genetic conditions in the family and discusses such information with the MFM Physician or Clinical Geneticist and/or patient.
- Likewise, counsels patients on the nature of the condition(s) in question, including the contribution of heredity after discussion with the MFM Physician or Clinical Geneticist.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Human Genetics/Genetic Counseling or its equivalent.
- Board Certified or Board Eligible Genetic Counselor American Board of Genetic Counseling (AMGC).
- Also, documentation of training in genetic counseling techniques and experience in genetic counseling at a site accredited by the American Board of Medical Genetics (AMBG) or the American Board of Genetic Counseling (AMGC).
- Preference will be given to applicants who are board certified or eligible for board certification.
- Furthermore, familiarity with the medical and research community in genetics as well as appropriate community resources pertaining to genetic family studies and new technologies in diagnosis and treatment of genetic disorders.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.