Apply for Vacancy for GIS Analyst at Colorado State University in the USA. The category for this job is Laboratory and Research.
A Geographic Information System (GIS) Analyst (Research Associate II Special) position is available with the Center for Environmental Management of Military Lands (CEMML). Likewise, the duty location is Edwards Air Force Base and the position also serves Los Angeles Air Force Base.
Required Job Qualifications
- Minimum of a BS or BA degree(s) in computer science, information technology, geographic information systems, geography, environmental science, or related fields.
- Three years of demonstrated GIS work experience is required, coursework will not be included.
- Also, the successful applicant shall demonstrate experience in all of the following: environmental-related GIS, Esri’s ArcGIS software, and cartography.
- Must have demonstrated work experience applying spatial data standards, data development, and data maintenance.
- Moreover, tust have the ability to work both independently and collaboratively, as well as take initiative to resolve issues.
- Must demonstrate superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Likewise, must be able to pass the DoD background check for a Common Access Card (CAC).
- The applicant must be able to work full-time on-site.
- Additionally, the applicant must be able to travel (up to 1 week in duration) at least 2 times per year to each remotely located Air Force Base within the area of responsibility.
- Furthermore, this position may require fieldwork to obtain environmental data, which includes possibly walking long distances in adverse terrain and weather conditions, carrying all necessary supplies and equipment (max 45lbs.).
- The applicant must have or be able to obtain a valid driver’s license by the employment start date.
- Similarly, the successful candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States by the proposed start date. CEMML will not provide visa sponsorship for this position.
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Desired qualifications include experience working in a highly structured organization, demonstrated knowledge of military instructions, directives, guidance, and environmental regulations and processes.
- Demonstrated work experience with the following:
- U.S. Air Force GeoBase program,
- Also, geospatial documentation and metadata,
- Geospatial Standards including: Spatial Data Standards for Facility, Infrastructure, and Environment (SDSFIE), and International Organization Standardization (ISO) or Federal Geographic Data Committee (FGDC) standards,
- Likewise, disseminating information to stakeholders and public or private entities.
- Field data collection methods including using GPS equipment and post-processing of data.
- Also, existing National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) is highly desired.
Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates must have the ability to advance the Department’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.