Apply for Vacancy for Head of Student at Bard College Berlin in Germany. The category for this application is Student Affairs and Services.
Bard College Berlin seeks a senior staff member to lead our Student Life team. As the equivalent to a Dean of Student Life in a U.S. context, they will work closely with the University Leadership at Bard College Berlin and the Office of the Dean of Students at Bard College, Annandale, to create and sustain a supportive campus environment that complements the academic goals of the university and is responsive to diverse needs of students.
- Managing day to day operations of the campus and the overall management of student activities
- Creating a comprehensive plan for the office of Student Life to complement academic offerings and to sustain and further develop an open, vibrant, intellectually curious, supportive and diverse community atmosphere
- Moreover, managing daily interface (communications) of students and the college in areas of Student Life
- Creating, updating and upholding college policies and regulations relating to Student Life
- Also, guiding the development, implementation, and oversight of policies and support mechanisms related to: racial, religious and other forms of equity, including gender equity; sexual assault or gender-based violence; drug and alcohol abuse
- Furthermore, rostering an understanding of diversity and social justice, and responding to the unique needs of various student populations, including a regular cohort of up to 40 visiting American students each term
- Developing formal and informal counseling structures and workshops for students
- 1 on 1 coaching for students in need of support
- Likewise, overseeing and participating in the emergency on-call rotation system & serving as the primary backup for professional staff when they serve on-call
- Coordination of summer programs hosted at Bard College Berlin
- 5-7 years experience in a residential college environment, with a preference to Student Services/Affairs, Residence Life or related offices;
- Similarly, supervisory experience of professional staff and student workers
- An M.A. or related degree Student Affairs, College Student Development or related fields
- Also, ability to support staff as well as students in areas such as: basic counseling and mediation; supporting racial and other forms of diversity; preventing gender-based violence and addressing other issues of sex and gender; preventing and responding to drug and alcohol abuse; addressing culture shock and improving intercultural competence
- Moreover, experience studying or working abroad and/or experience working with international populations
- Furthermore, fluency in English required; German language ability highly desirable.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.