Apply for Vacancy for Health Representative at The State University of New Jersey in the USA. The deadline for this job is 30th September 2021.
New Jersey’s academic health center, Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (RBHS) takes an integrated approach to educating students, providing clinical care, and conducting research, all with the goal of improving human health. Additionally, aligned with Rutgers University-New Brunswick and collaborating university wide, RBHS includes eight schools, a behavioral health network, and six centers and institutes that focus on cancer treatment and research, neuroscience, clinical and translational research, advanced biotechnology and medicine, environmental and occupational health, and health care policy and aging research.
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey is seeking a motivated Public Health Representative II for the department of Medicine within the New Jersey Medical School.
Under direction, the Public Health Representative II coordinates and administers activities of a regional chronic disease coalition engaging in outreach and education focused on cancer control and prevention, other diseases (primarily chronic) and/or performs related field work including implementation of public health best practices.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Coordinates and manages activities of the Essex-Passaic Wellness Coalition (EPWC) at NJMS, under the direction of the EPWC’s principal investigator and periodic assistance from the coalition founder.
- Moreover, manages and assures web-based and other dissemination of resource information/educational material pertinent to the objectives of the EPWC, including development and maintenance of web page content and use of social media, especially for cancer survivors.
- Also, organizes EPWC leadership meetings, drafts and revises agendas and documents, monitors completion of assigned tasks.
- Likewise, represents the EPWC at other meetings, including with the NJDOH and other agencies and coalitions, and maintains written records of all of those meetings.
- Additionally, maintains a directory of regional resources for cancer screening, smoking cessation, HPV immunization, and other health interventions relevant to cancer prevention and control.
Minimum Education and Experience
The incumbent must meet the following for Vacancy for Health Representative in the USA:
- Bachelor’s (e.g., MPH) in a field related to the essential duties and responsibilities.
- Also, two (2) years of professional experience in community and public health related projects, or related public health implementation experience.
- Likewise, equivalent experience, education and/or training may be substituted for the education requirements.
- Current NJ driver’s license.
- Also, completion of University provided training; CITI human subjects protection training (Social, Behavioral, and Epidemiologic Researchers), which may be done after hiring.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
- Likewise, competence in Microsoft Office.
- Web site management knowledge.
- Furthermore, experience with development and analysis of surveys.
- Must have computer with reliable broadband access for remote work.
- Possesses own vehicle or alternative means of transportation from one site to another.
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more job opportunities