Apply for Vacancy for History Instructor at Seattle Colleges in the USA. The deadline for this job is 1st August 2021.
The Seattle Colleges are looking for innovative and dedicated faculty members, who have a demonstrated commitment to working within a college community that is diverse and serves students from a broad spectrum of socioeconomic and academic backgrounds. Furthermore, faculty will teach part-time in a wide range of history courses. Similarly, successful applicants will have the ability to work effectively with students, colleagues, staff and others in a campus climate that promotes cultural diversity and multicultural understanding in an urban environment.
A complete application will include:
- An attached resume outlining your educational and teaching experience
- Likewise, Philosophy of teaching statement demonstrating a commitment to supporting diverse student learners (no more than one page)
- Unofficial transcripts (graduate school only)
- Also, list of courses taught by college and year/quarter (Word file or Excel file)
- An attached cover letter addressing how you meet the duties, responsibilities, and requirements for the position
- Furthermore, contact information for three professional references
Required application materials must be completed and submitted online.
Please review the Seattle Colleges website for the latest information on COVID-19 updates and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to teach, for example, US History, World Civilization, History of the Pacific Northwest.
- Moreover, master’s Degree or PhD in the field or related field from an accredited institution, or workforce experience in the field or related field. (Please read the position announcement carefully when applying for possible part-time teaching positions, to find those that best match your education and experience.)
- Likewise, willingness to teach in multiple modes and times (e.g. online, hybrid, evening, weekends).
- Also, a demonstrated commitment to working within a college community that is diverse and serves students from a broad spectrum of socioeconomic and academic backgrounds.
- Innovative teaching methods including the use of technology and collaborative learning.
- Furthermore, the ability to work collaboratively with others in a professional setting.
- An understanding of the goals and role of the community college.
Ability to perform a range of physical motions, exerting up to 25 pounds; lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds; standing, walking, sitting for long periods of time, kneeling, squatting, and stooping; and traversing up and down stairs.
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more job opportunities.