Apply for Vacancy for Human Resource Officer at Western Illinois University in USA. The category for this job is Human Resources.
Western Illinois University, accredited by the Higher Learning Commission , serves nearly 7,500 students at its traditional, residential four-year campus in Macomb, IL and its metropolitan branch campus in Moline, IL.
Reporting to the Vice President for Finance and Administration (VPFA), the Chief Human Resource Officer (CHRO) serves as a key partner with University Leadership and sets the overall strategic vision for Human Resources. The CHRO has oversight and responsibility for all talent acquisition and development, oversees benefits and labor relations, promotes a highly diverse and high functioning work force, coordinates development and assimilation of University Human Resource policies and procedures and identifies trends and innovations in all aspects of Human Resources.
The key responsibilities for the Chief Human Resource Officer include:
- Providing leadership and guidance to the Human Resource department by overseeing talent acquisition, training, retention, talent development, performance management, classification and compensation, labor relations, benefits, immigration and employee recognition.
- Also, developing human resource plans and strategies that support achieving overall business objectives.
- Furthermore, functioning as a strategic advisor to each unit’s leadership regarding organizational and management issues.
- Likewise, developing comprehensive strategic employee recruiting and retention plans to meet the needs of the University.
- Similarly, serves as the Chief Labor Relations Negotiator for the University for civil service classification collective bargaining agreements.
- Overseeing the development and implementation of comprehensive compensation plans ensuring competitiveness and equitability.
- Furthermore, promoting a culture of accountability, compliance, and continuous improvement with an eye toward automation for increased efficiency.
- Planning, assigning, and reviewing work of HR staff to ensure that group objectives are met. Hiring, training, developing, and managing staff to ensure that a qualified staff exists to meet group objectives.
- Additionally, promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace and reinforcing WIU’s position as an equal opportunity employer.
- A Master’s degree in human resources, organizational development, leadership, labor law, or other related fields.
- Similarly, solid knowledge of recruiting, performance management, training and development, wage and hour law, benefits, compensation, EEO/AA guidelines, employee relations, and HR systems.
- Also, ability to develop policies and procedures, and to effectively communicate all policies and procedures to University employees and departments.
- Similarly, superior interpersonal communication skills with a proven ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with a variety of both internal and external constituents.
- Experience as a successful facilitator in conflict resolution.
- Experience designing and implementing successful staff development programs.
- Likewise, demonstrated leadership ability with strong organizational and administrative skills with the ability to balance the daily operations of a Human Resources office with the strategic needs of the University.
- Senior level experience leading a complex Human Resources environment.
- Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) Certification and/or Society for Human Resource Management-Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) Certification.
- Also, experience working in public higher education or governmental entity including oversight of institutional compliance issues related to state and federal mandates.
- Experience in overseeing HR information systems and related technologies.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities