Apply for Vacancy for IBC Technician at Weill Cornell Medicine in USA. The category for this job is Laboratory and Research.
The position of the IBC Technician encompasses mainly operational duties. The primary objectives of this position are retrieval/registration, processing, annotation, storage and distribution of human biospecimens.
- Receives, registers and processes solid tissue and biofluid research specimens for internal and external basic and clinical research trials/studies.
- Moreover, couriers solid tissue from the operating room and interventional radiology suites to surgical pathology.
- Also, assembles and distributes blood and tissue collection kits as directed.
- Additionally, assists with automated and manual nucleic acid extraction from blood, fresh/frozen FFPE tissue, and various biofluids for downstream applications.
- Enters applicable and accurate participant and sample data as it relates to the study in IBC software.
- Likewise, organizes and tracks completed H&E slides for submission to review and documents QC analysis in biorepository software.
- Similarly, communicates and resolves sample and data discrepancies with user practice groups.
- Moreover, performs other related duties as directed.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Life Sciences or related field, is highly desired.
- Also, approximately 1 year of laboratory experience.
- 2+ years laboratory experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills including documentation/writing skills and presentation skills.
- Also, ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills
- Additionally, ability to multi-task and handle multiple competing priorities
- Also, attention to detail.
- Moreover, customer service oriented.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.