Apply for Vacancy for Industry Specialist at International Finance Corporation in the USA. The deadline for this job is 12th May 2021.
IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. Also, in fiscal year 2020, we invested $22 billion in private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, demonstrating the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity.
- Be the global horticulture Industry Specialist to provide leading market and technical expertise in the following sub-sectors: fresh fruit and vegetables and nuts. Actively monitor and analyze sector developments and market dynamics, continually expand and build new knowledge through study and participation in industry events.
- Also, provide standard methodology industry and technical advice to IFC management, investment teams, and clients to ensure sound and impactful engagements, and to help address potential problems or risks.
- Similarly, support global investment and advisory teams throughout the project cycle, including market analysis. Also, business development, project screening, appraisals, and portfolio supervision.
- Likewise, conduct due diligence assessing projects’ strengths and weaknesses; provide operational parameters to be built into financial models, assess market and driven environment.
- Participate in investment committee meetings reviewing investment and advisory proposals.
- Lead IFC’s collaboration with the World Bank on agribusiness initiatives related to the food systems agenda.
- Similarly, support IFC engagements with key external partners (FAO, IFAD, CGIAR, OECD, etc) to share lessons; promote harmonization of approaches, use connections, and stay on top of the latest thinking to advise IFC’s work.
- Advanced university degree in agronomy, horticulture, economics or closely related field.
- Also, proven experience with dynamically more senior role in a knowledge-based institution leading tasks demonstrating both technical and strategy formulation skills.
- Deep knowledge of current industry and operating parameters to permit comparative cost analysis and bench-marking with the credibility of a respected regional or international professional.
- Exposure across agribusiness sectors to marketing, sales, distribution, operations, procurement, engineering, MIS, business development, quality and environmental management issues.
- Likewise, successful track record of working in and leading multicultural teams.
- Command of information technology for office and statistical research work.
- Strong teammate, with demonstrated capacity for hard work.
- Additionally, ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently, prioritize effectively, and adhere to deadlines while always paying attention to details.
- Willingness to undertake extensive international travel.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.