Apply for Vacancy for Instructional Designer at San Jacinto College in the USA. The category for this job is Instructional Technology and Design.
San Jacinto College is a public community college in the Greater Houston with its campuses in Pasadena and Houston, Texas. Established in 1961, San Jacinto College originally consisted of the independent school districts of Channelview, Deer Park, Galena Park, La Porte, and Pasadena.
- Design, develop, and deliver faculty / staff training, in various formats (face-to-face, hybrid, online and computer-based instruction) for instructional technology and course design topics.
- Likewise ,leads district-wide course and training development teams serving as instructional designer, course developer, and project manager for the project.
- Also, responsible for detailed project management to develop and deliver high quality developed courses and trainings in accordance with SJC policies and procedures.
- Write and edit course and training materials demonstrating effective oral and written communication, interpersonal, organizational, and project management skills
- Moreover, review faculty developed courses providing recommendations and support for meeting district expectations for distance learning courses.
- Evaluate, test, assess, and provide recommendations on emerging instructional technologies and technology enhancements.
- Additionally, attend professional development to improve knowledge and skills.
Marginal Job Functions:
The incumbent must meet the following for Vacancy for Instructional Designer in the USA:
- Support faculty in the effective use of technology mediated classrooms.
- Also, participate on committees and councils as appropriate.
- Likewise, provide feedback and recommendations for continuous improvements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge in instructional design, development, implementation, and assessments in an academic environment; instructional technology, learning theories and effective assessment of programs.
- Also, ability to perform as project lead / project manager in cross-functional teams.
- Ability to write and edit instructional material and training documentation.
- Likewise, effective oral and written communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Skill in integrating technology in a wide variety of instructional situations.
- Similarly, skill in adapting to the needs of a changing program.
- Knowledge of Blackboard platform.
- Master’s degree in instructional technology, instructional design, or education with a minimum of two years work experience in an academic setting required.
- Also, knowledge of instructional pedagogy required.
- One to two years in an instructional design or academic design environment with emphasis on distance learning delivery.
- At least two years of project management experience is preferred.
- Teaching experience.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.