Apply for Vacancy for Intern Tech at University of Michigan in the USA. The category for this job is Health and Medical Services.
Temporary student employees will be offered an opportunity to work for one of the teams in the Department of Pharmacy Services, depending on the need and availability of positions and work shifts.
- Demonstrates proficiency and skill with pharmacy and health system information systems
- Also, accurately interpret prescriptions and information on medication labels and containers
- Participate in the documentation of patient care activities within the health record
- Additionally, accurately, prepare, compound, and label sterile and non-sterile medications for dispensing
- Similarly, stock and maintain pharmacy inventory
- Travel significant distances on a daily basis
- Moreover, maintains, dispenses, stores controlled substances and associated records as required
- Prepare and deliver investigational drugs per research protocols
- Assist with use of automated dispensing cabinets.
- 6-weeks (full-time), or ~ 240 hours during the summer (usually in May-June, or as academic and personal commitments will allow)
- Similarly, successfully complete core pharmacy technician training and area-specific training.
- Eligible applicants include current UM College of Pharmacy Doctor of Pharmacy Students, Doctor of Pharmacy Preferred Admission students, and students in the Bachelor of Science in Pharmaceutical Sciences (BSPS) program
- Likewise, the State of Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) requires all individuals involved in the practice of pharmacy to obtain and maintain a valid license.
- Also, all successful candidates should obtain and maintain a valid license to practice as a pharmacy intern or pharmacy technician per the Department of Pharmacy Services Licensing Policy
- Moreover, current Doctor of Pharmacy students must have a valid pharmacy intern license
- Additionally, a temporary license is acceptable to begin employment, but this is only valid for 1 year and is non-renewable
- Any employment beyond this duration will require that the individual obtain a full pharmacy technician license.
- Experience as a pharmacy technician or pharmacy intern
- Also, basic algebra
- Customer service experience
- Work schedules will include day and evening shifts, as well as weekend shifts (if applicable to the work area)
- Also, temporary student employees must work at least one summer holiday (Memorial Day, Fourth of July, or Labor Day) and at least one fall/winter holiday (Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Years Day) (if applicable to the work area)
- Likewise, students will not be required to work during any times where they have other required academic commitments
- Also, while we strive to provide the above hours and the employee’s desired hours, there is no guarantee of the specific amount of hours that will be available for temporary employees, and it is subject to change at any time.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.