Apply for Vacancy for IT Security Professional at University of Louisiana at Lafayette in the USA. The deadline for this job is 30th September 2021.
Reporting to the IT Security Officer, the Microsoft 365 Security Specialist will work business and IT teams to protect and enhance the security, integrity, and protection of Microsoft 365 and Cloud SaaS environment.
The individual will possess current Knowledge of Microsoft 365 protection/security tools, Azure Active Directory, Single Sign-On, Multi-Factor Authentication, Authorization, Information Rights Management, Mobility, and Security.
Monitor and act upon information security issues related to the systems and workflow under Information Technology (EAS/UCSS/NetOps) to ensure the internal security controls for the campus are appropriate and operating as intended.
Develop & enhance security controls, measures and countermeasures to prevent, detect and respond to cyber threats.
Deploy optimal configuration that balances security with application usability & employee productivity Test, configure, deploy & manage optimal configurations for Anti-phishing, anti-spoofing, anti-spam, safe-attachments, safe links, anti-malware.
These include (but aren’t limited to) Exchange Online Protection Office 365 Threat Protection Microsoft Advanced Threat Protection Cloud Anomaly Detection and Notification Reporting, Self-Healing mitigations, vulnerability management and autonomous resolutions.
Example of Duties:
- Monitor Security Services
- Also, threat Hunting and Incident Response
- Implement and maintain Microsoft 365 Security Policies
- Likewise, process Service Change Request (DMZ, Intranet, and Extranet Objects and Services)
- Furthermore, review and Correlate Security Events
- Create Security Audit and Performance Reports
- Implement and Integrate IAM Security across platforms
- Coordinate and execute IT security projects for the University.
- Additionally, coordinate response to information security incidents.
- Develop and publish Information Security procedures, standards and guidelines based on knowledge of best practices and compliance requirements.
- Also, collaborate with IT management to manage security vulnerabilities.
- Conduct campus-wide data classification assessment, security audits, and manage remediation plans.
- Moreover, manage and maintain user security awareness.
- Conduct security research and training with latest security.
- Additionally, prepares ITS documentation, including department policies and procedures, campus notifications, Web content, and ITS alerts.
- Actively participate in the higher education security community such as LONI-Security Working Group, Educause, MS-ISAC, Infragard, ISACA, etc.
- Likewise, perform other related duties as assigned.
The University of Louisiana at Lafayette is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
A Member of the University of Louisiana System
- Minimum qualification is a Baccalaureate Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Also, preferred qualification is at one year of higher education information technology security experience.
- Likewise, the successful applicant must demonstrate experience working in a team environment that delivers quality security services to customers.
This position requires some weekend and evening assignments as well as availability during off-hours for participation in scheduled and unscheduled activities.
- Must have the ability and willingness to work remotely.
- Also, 3years working experience in a large organization, being responsible for implementation and maintenance of IT Security technologies impacting multiple stakeholders.
- Experience with Microsoft 365 Security
- Additionally, experience with Microsoft Advanced Threat Analytics/Protection
- Working experience with MS Windows and Linux system security.
- Familiarity with MS Powershell, python, and other scripting languages
- Furthermore, familiarity with API Development and Integration
- Effective communication skills to interface with both internal and external teams on complex issues.
- Similarly, self-starter mentality that defaults to action and thinks creatively on how to overcome challenges.
- Engineering mindset to develop & troubleshoot issues with an empirical & methodical approach
- Likewise, experience with the major cloud providers (Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS).
- Experience with a broad array of security technologies, such as EDR, container security, vulnerability assessment, secure configuration, and firewall/proxy technologies.
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more job opportunities