Apply for Vacancy for Junior Specialist at University of California in the USA. The category for this application is Laboratory and Research.
The Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at the University of California, Davis invites applications for a qualified Junior Specialist for the Miller Lab at the UC Davis MIND Institute.
This position will be involved in interdisciplinary studies focusing on the early detection of autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) among infants/toddlers at familial risk.
- Assist with participant recruitment and scheduling of study participants
- Also, brief study participant families regarding study objectives and obtain informed consent
- Likewise, coordinate activities during study visits between participating families and staff members
- Furthermore, facilitate communication between team members including clinicians, examiners, camera operators, and the PI regarding any special circumstances pertaining to study visits.
- Likewise, capture, digitize, and edit videotape footage obtained from families using specialized audiovisual equipment and train others in the use of this equipment
- Moreover, coordinate a team of undergraduate research assistants.
- Also, experience in behavioral coding using BORIS software
- Similarly, experience tracking and entering data in Access.
- Demonstrated ability to perform detail-oriented tasks with a high degree of accuracy
- Also, experience managing multiple tasks simultaneously
- Likewise, demonstrate ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Moreover, demonstrate ability to work in a fast-paced setting with composure, courtesy, and professional attitude
- Additionally, ability to participate in discussion of research results and contribute to manuscript preparation, including literature reviews, data cleaning activities, and synthesis of information
- Moreover, excellent communication and written skills to communicate effectively with the interact with the community and research participants, PIs, postdoctoral fellows, and train undergraduate research assistants.
- Ability to assist with data management and conduct simple statistical analyses in SPSS
12-month term appointment from start date at 100% time (full time).
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.