Apply for Vacancy for Lab Technician at Cerritos College in the USA. The deadline for this job is 14th July 2021.
Performs technical duties to assist in the operation and maintenance of instructional laboratories for Chemistry and related sciences. Also, prepares various solutions, reagents, and unknowns for laboratory activities. Assembles, sets up, and installs equipment used in laboratory demonstrations, experiments, or simulations.
- Coordinates with faculty to establish optimal laboratory schedules and supply needs, thus enabling timely preparation for demonstrations, experiments, and simulations. Prioritizes lab preparation orders.
- Moreover, makes apparatus and solutions. Discusses specifics of experiments with instructors. Applies principles of chemistry to solve problems, standardizes solutions, prepares and distributes unknown chemicals to students.
- Staffs a Chemistry stockroom, including inventory and requisition processes, organization of supplies, preparation and maintenance of reagents for use in Chemistry laboratory classes, handling of hazardous wastes and collection of hazardous spills.
- Also, provides direct assistance in the use of equipment and materials needed for instruction as well as orienting students to the laboratory. Sets up established laboratory experiences for students as required by course outline or faculty direction.
- Similarly, sets up, tests, demonstrates, and maintains experiments used in classrooms and laboratories. Works with faculty to design, construct, modify or rebuild equipment, modules, and experiments to assist in the delivery of desired instructional outcomes.
- Furthermore, provides technical assistance to students and faculty, troubleshooting and diagnosing problems with equipment.
- Oversees and provides for the general cleanliness and security of the laboratory and work areas. Handles and disposes of harmful or hazardous materials according to specific instructions relating to their disposal. Also, provides a safe environment for the conduct of the laboratory. Reports maintenance problems as they occur.
- Additionally, assists instructors in the classroom/laboratory concurrently with lecture or discussion. May perform dangerous and/or complex procedures for students.
- Assists with, and provides technical and other assistance to students with special projects, field research trips, and classroom/laboratory presentations. May assist with set up.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
- The position requires working knowledge of chemical principles, including general, analytical, organic, inorganic, and biochemistry.
- Also, requires knowledge of chemical properties and reactions, reagents, toxicities, flash points, and vapor pressures.
- Likewise, requires knowledge of chemistry lab equipment and instruments, including balances, pH meters, melting point apparatus, spectrophotometer, chromatographs, conductivity indicators, centrifuge, water bath, and ovens.
- Furthermore, the position requires sufficient knowledge of computers to use common desktop and specialized applications used in education.
- Also, requires well-developed knowledge of the English language to prepare correspondence and materials suitable for classroom presentation.
- Requires knowledge of tutoring techniques including students’ styles of learning.
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more job opportunities.