Apply for Vacancy for Laboratory Manager at Johns Hopkins University in the USA. The category for this job is Laboratory and Research.
The Laboratory Manager will oversee a unique High-throughput Phenotypic Screening (HPS) Core facility designed to enable large-scale chemical and genetic screens in whole organisms and complex 3D cell culture models. Likewise, HPS Core instrumentation allows living disease models to be placed at the start, rather than the end, of the drug discovery pipeline; a strategy that can circumvent the high rate of failure attending late-stage tests in animal models and the clinic, decreasing the cost and increasing the pace of drug development. Also, the HPS Core also addresses a mismatch in scale between ‘big data’ bioinformatics and experimental capacities by providing a means to perform high-throughput phenotypic screens for testing ‘omics-based predictions across systems-level gene networks directly in living model systems.
- Manage daily operations of the HPS Core facility, enabling large-scale discovery projects of lead investigators and their trainees by assisting with high-throughput assay development, optimization, and implementation.
- Moreover, manage HPS Core user billing regarding fee-for-service operations and collaborations. Maintain expenditure records and assume fiscal responsibility for annual balancing of HPS Core budget.
- Also, advise HPS Core users on best practices for high-throughput in vivo screening processes, including assay design, statistical methods for establishing appropriate sample sizes and “hit” criteria, data collection, and data interpretation.
- Likewise, orient, train and supervise users on HPS Core instrumentation to support large-scale screening activities. And provide unique training opportunities in large-scale phenotypic screening. Ensure full compliance of all HPS Core staff and screening participants with all relevant animal use protocols. Also, biosafety protocols and standard operating procedures.
- Moreover, report to HPS Core Director on a routine basis regarding progress of ongoing and pending screening projects.
- Additionally, contribute to technical reports, manuscripts, abstracts, invention disclosures, presentations, and funding applications.
The incumbent must have the following qualification for Vacancy for Laboratory Manager in the USA:
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, pharmacology or related field.
- 5 years related laboratory/pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Also, proven technical knowledge and laboratory experience.
- Masters or Ph.D. degree in biology, pharmacology or related field.
- Also, proven technical knowledge and laboratory experience in high-throughput screening.
Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience with robotics, software coding, fluorescence activated sorting (FACS), confocal microscopy, and high-throughput screening methodologies are highly desirable.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.