Apply for Vacancy for Laboratory Manager at Johns Hopkins University in the USA. The category for this job is Laboratory and Research.
The Laboratory Manager will oversee a unique High-throughput Phenotypic Screening (HPS) Core facility designed to enable large-scale chemical and genetic screens in whole organisms and complex 3D cell culture models. Also, HPS Core instrumentation allows living disease models to be placed at the start, rather than the end, of the drug discovery pipeline; a strategy that can circumvent the high rate of failure attending late-stage tests in animal models and the clinic, decreasing the cost and increasing the pace of drug development.
- Manage daily operations of the HPS Core facility, enabling large-scale discovery projects of lead investigators and their trainees by assisting with high-throughput assay development, optimization, and implementation.
- Moreover, manage HPS Core user billing regarding fee-for-service operations and collaborations.
- Likewise, maintain expenditure records and assume fiscal responsibility for annual balancing of HPS Core budget.
- Report to HPS Core Director on a routine basis regarding progress of ongoing and pending screening projects.
- However, contribute to technical reports, manuscripts, abstracts, invention disclosures, presentations, and funding applications.
- Also, maintain laboratory in good order, stocks of core supplies used in common by multiple investigators.
- Additionally, ordering of supplies and acquisition of equipment and procurement of service contracts.
- Additionally, coordinate major equipment purchase and installation with vendor. Maintain and repair equipment when possible, or coordinate external servicing of equipment.
- Organize, and lead assigned project update meetings.
- Also, attend regional, national, and international meetings related to high-throughput phenotypic and/or target-based screening.
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, pharmacology or related field.
- Also, 5 years related laboratory/pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Likewise, proven technical knowledge and laboratory experience.
- Masters or Ph.D. degree in biology, pharmacology or related field.
- Also, proven technical knowledge and laboratory experience in high-throughput screening.
Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience with robotics, software coding, fluorescence activated sorting (FACS), confocal microscopy, and high-throughput screening methodologies are highly desirable.
- 1-2 HPS Core users per screening project
- $10,000 (annual), Purchasing HPS Core screening supplies.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.