Apply for Vacancy for Laboratory Manager at Weill Cornell Medicine in the USA. The category of the position is Laboratory and Research.
The Weill Cornell Graduate School of Medical Sciences is a graduate college of Cornell University that was founded in 1952 as an academic partnership between two major medical institutions in New York City: the Weill Cornell Medical College and the Sloan Kettering Institute.
Under guidance, manages the operational activities of research laboratories and supervises of a variety of activities related to the planning, performance and supervision of basic and/or clinical research.
The incumbent must meet the following for Vacancy for Laboratory Manager in the USA:
- Develops, implements and enforces policies and procedures to support laboratory safety, efficiency and quality control.
- Also, provides orientation, training and supervision of staff, students, visiting scientists and new lab members in the application and use of new equipment as well as maintaining and following the standard operating procedures for laboratory activities.
- Moreover, monitors the financial and accounting activities of the laboratory.
- Additionally, assists principle investigators and post-docs with the preparation of budgets and other regulatory items for grant submission and clinical trial applications.
- Likewise, leads and participates in new assay development and test system validations.
- Also, ensures laboratory is in compliance with the Weill Cornell Medicine, local, state and federal regulatory requirements.
- Furthermore, ensures that education, certification, and training requirements are met for all lab personnel.
- Maintains inventory of supplies, equipment and/or reagents. May order supplies/equipment/reagents. Receives supply orders and confirms accuracy of delivery. May assist with cost control.
- Additionally, negotiates prices with external vendors for the purchase of equipment and places orders for all equipment.
- Similarly, generates reports for analysis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
Approximately 3-5 years of laboratory management experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Also, ability to foster positive relationships with Principal Investigators and clinical, scientific and administrative leadership.
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more job opportunities.