Apply for Vacancy for Library Assistant at East Tennessee State University in the USA. The deadline for this job is 31st July 2021.
East Tennessee State University is a public research university in Johnson City, Tennessee. Also, although it is part of the State University and Community College System of Tennessee, the university is governed by an institutional Board of Trustees.
The candidate does the following duties:
- This person works independently with minimal supervision, only consulting with the Technical Services Coordinator in unusual circumstances.
- Also, this position provides comprehensive support for the Technical Services and History of Medicine Departments of the Medical Library.
- This includes the acquisition of library materials, cataloging, and processing of print and electronic books and serials.
- Additionally, the support of the historical book and artifact collections.
For the Vacancy for Library Assistant in the USA, the candidates should meet the given criteria:
- Familiar with how to use an online library circulation and catalog system or willingness to learn and demonstrate competency during the probation period.
- The candidate should have experience with OCLC and MARC records or willingness to learn and demonstrate competency during the probation period.
- Moreover, he/she should be able to pay close attention to detail, stay on task, and complete repetitive tasks with a high level of accuracy.
- Remains alert and approachable when working on the library’s service desk. Greets library visitors in a friendly and professional manner.
- Likewise, he/she works well with diverse populations including individuals whose first language may not be English.
- Furthermore, familiar with or willing to learn basic reference support skills to answer simple questions about library holdings, circulation policies, collection arrangements, computer and remote access, and similar topics.
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more job opportunities.