Apply for Vacancy for Life Coordinator at Jackson College in the USA. The category for this job is Residence Life and Housing.
The Residence Life Coordinator position is responsible for aiding in the day to day operations in housing. The Residence Life Coordinator is expected to enhance the living environment of the community through staff development, resident outreach and creative student programming. This position shall work in collaboration with the Residence Life Student Housing staff, and Vice President of Finance.
Also, this position requires living in Campus View in a one-bedroom apartment provided by the College. Fire code limits the apartment occupancy to two individuals. College policies prohibit individuals under the age of 18 from living in Campus View. A meal allowance is also included.
- Assisting the Director of Residence Life and the Assistant Director of Residence Life in the day-to-day operations of Student Housing.
- Take part in the hiring process, train and supervise Student Resident Assistants (RAs), Student Desk Assistants (DAs), and other student employees.
- Also, work with the Director of Residence Life and Assistant Director of Residence Life to organize and facilitate student activities for resident and non-resident students.
- Create, administer, and deliver programs, activities, and services to meet needs of residential students. Develop, facilitate and support education and social programming. Promote supportive student residence environment.
- Likewise, oversight of the RA programming model to ensure that quality social and educational programs are occurring. Assessment, planning and evaluation of all RA programming.
- Moreover, create, administer, and deliver programs, activities, and services to meet needs of residential students. Promote supportive student residence environment.
- Work with Campus Safety and Security in regards to needs in campus housing.
- Be familiar with campus and community resources and utilize them for referring problems beyond the scope and experience of the Director.
- However, handle emergency or crisis situations according to policy as they arise and apply conflict resolution skills.
- Additionally, work in concert with the Business Office to establish and collect on accounts, notify students of delinquent accounts and/or changes in housing occupancy.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field and relative experience working in campus housing and student activities.
- Also, knowledge of supervisory practices and principles, general knowledge of crisis intervention strategies and skill in communicating effectively with individuals from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds are needed.
- Likewise, possess a strong understanding and commitment to student development.
- Jackson College only accepts on-line applications though this system. For assistance with this, please call 517-796-8468.
- It is important that your application show all the relevant education and experience you possess. Furthermore, instance, do not say, “See Resume or C/V.” Your resume, cover letter. Also, an unofficial transcript should be there in your application. The University will not accept the applications if incomplete.