Apply for Vacancy for Lighting Specialist at Indiana University Bloomington in the USA. The category for this job is Facilities Management.
Oversees all lighting requirements for all events for the center. This includes developing, designing, and implementing lighting for events produced and performed by the school. Facilitates, organizes, and oversees the design implementation of guest lighting designers. Similarly, serves as an advisor to the executive director of production for future projects regarding lighting technology and vision. Creates drafting, light plots, and all necessary paperwork for the execution and archival of productions. Maintains and manages the departmental annual budget, crew schedules, and inventory. Likewise, coordinates with vendors for equipment rental and purchases to meet vision and design requirements.
- Develops lighting designs for the center. Facilitates designs of guest artists while serving as an advisor and liaison to the guest artists during their visit. Prepares logistics, conducts lighting hangs, and focus sessions in advance of arrival of guest designers. Acts as lead console programmer and assistant to guest designers.
- Furthermore, functions as lighting supervisor for all opera, ballet, concert and other performance events at the center. Oversees the execution of stage lighting for productions presented by the school as well as the stage lighting for scheduled non-operatic/ballet performances.
- Also, advises and facilitates lighting and projection equipment needs and implementation of the equipment.
- Creates drafting, paperwork, and archival information for the implementation and recreation of productions.
- Similarly, supervises hourly and temporary employees. Provides and may implement process improvement suggestions.
- Additionally, assists in managing the departmental budget under direction of the executive director of production. Maintains inventory and ongoing equipment maintenance records.
- BFA in Theatrical Lighting Design.
- Also, experience in Lighting Design and implementation in the professional and/or academic arenas.
- Furthermore, familiarity with all lighting instruments, including automated instruments, projectors, and computerized lightboards and systems.
- Familiarity with photographic and computer software used to create media for projection effects. Intimate working knowledge of CAD/Vectorworks, Lightwright, Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Excel and Word, and standard computer skills; familiarity with photographic and computer software used to create media for projection effects.
- Likewise, current knowledge of latest lighting technology, HD projection software and hardware including media servers and automation.
- Familiarity with all lighting instruments including automated instruments, projectors, media servers and computerized light boards and dimming systems.
- Basic electrical and wiring skills. Excellent interpersonal skills.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.