Apply for Vacancy for Literacy Specialist at Syracuse University in the USA. The category for this job is Tutors and Learning Resources.
Syracuse University is a private international research university dedicated to advancing knowledge and fostering student success through teaching excellence, rigorous scholarship and interdisciplinary research. Comprising 11 academic schools and colleges, the University has a long legacy of excellence in the liberal arts.
The Literacy Specialist will provide training and technical assistance to share promising/effective practices to a variety of stakeholders throughout the Mid-State Region. The Literacy Specialist will engage in systems change work, providing a variety of supports including regional learning opportunities, targeted skills groups, and intensive partnerships. They will be expected to independently perform assignments and apply their own experience/knowledge of high-leverage special education practices and procedures to achieve center objectives.
- Master’s degree in Special Education or related field
- Moreover, Minimum three years of experience providing professional development (PD) and/or technical assistance (TA).
- Likewise, minimum three (3) years of experience working in a school setting with special education students.
- Similarly, school Certification.
Job Specific Qualifications
- Understanding of adult learning principles and collaborative practices.
- Also, experience working professionally with a variety of stakeholders, including parents, educators, school administrators, and community agencies using an intensive team approach.
- Likewise, experience providing evidence-based coaching and PD strategies.
- Additionally, knowledge of evidence-based and high-leverage practices for children birth-21 and ability to integrate new evidence-based practices as directed.
- Similarly, strong understanding of federal and NYS special education regulations.
- Highly developed analytical, technical, computer, oral and written communication skills.
- Moreover, high-level of persuasion and negotiation skills.
- Experience building strong collaborations and applying highly developed creative and problem-solving skills.
- A strong understanding of the literacy needs of students with disabilities from birth to age 21.
- Similarly, strong understanding of the acquisition of literacy skills within Multi -Tiered Systems of Support.
- Furthermore, proven record of using progress monitoring to drive instruction.
- Provide professional development to multiple stakeholder groups (teachers, administrators, school staff, and families) around current issues in literacy with a focus on students with disabilities.
- Also, work independently to develop trainings in a virtual platform.
- Likewise, work collaboratively with other members of the team in creating and planning embedded support to districts.
- Moreover, working collaboratively with team member to plan and work together to implement trainings successfully.
- Additionally, updating calendar, attending weekly staff meetings, making sure trainings and embedded work is updated in various platforms.
In addition to completing an online application, please attach a resume and cover letter.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.