Apply for Vacancy for Manager at Calbright College in the USA. The deadline for this job is 30th September 2021.
The Marketing, Communications, and External Affairs team at Calbright College, California’s first fully online community college, seeks an energetic and experienced digital and social media manager to expand the College’s social media enterprise, engage and grow our followers, build online partnerships and campaigns with mission-aligned organizations/government agencies, support student success and enrollment, and help tell the story of a new and first-of-its-kind California Community College.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
The duties below are representative of the role and are not intended to cover all of the duties performed within the scope of work:
- With exceptional discretion and acumen, act as the on-brand voice of Calbright College through daily management, execution, and moderation of the system’s core social media channels (may include occasional nights and weekends).
- Also, run regular social campaigns and track their success at building followers, growing enrollment, expanding engagement, and driving relevant traffic to targeted platforms.
- Likewise, explore new ways to engage and new social networks to reach target audiences and deploy key analytic tools to measure effectiveness of social efforts and adjust course as needed.
- Additionally, develop partnerships with members of the Calbright community, social media influencers, and subject matter experts to increase social lift of content. Cultivate strong working relationships and communication channels with partner organizations as well as colleagues throughout the California Community Colleges System.
- Similarly, serve as primary contact for third-party social media partners and vendors.
- Consult with senior Marketing and Communications leadership to ensure strategies meet broader organizational needs and messaging priorities.
- Furthermore, research, develop, design, and produce social media content (video, images, animations, etc).
- Determine optimal presentation, tone, and platform to convey key institutional messages in ways that are impactful and shareable.
- Moreover, maintain currency with emerging social media technologies and trends. Develop best practice policies and guidelines for how social media platforms are adopted, launched, and maintained.
- Also, perform other related duties as assigned that support the objective of the position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of the essentials of social media strategy and execution.
- Also, advanced copywriting, graphic design, and content-creation skills with the ability to adapt style, tone, and voice to varied content types and audiences, while staying on-brand and on-message.
- Demonstrated experience devising and executing social campaigns independently, with accompanying project management skills to complete projects under tight time and budget constraints.
- Likewise, understanding of and prior experience managing paid social campaigns that drive engagement and action.
- High fluency in handling visual/multimedia content, with demonstrated facility in design and photo-editing tools and video editing.
- Similarly, strong familiarity with using social media analytics tools to measure, adapt and optimize strategies and platforms accordingly.
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker, with an ability to use both data and intuition to inform decisions. Additionally, strong grasp of how digital communication can effectively convey and advance messages to various audiences.
- Strong collaborative and relationship-development skills in working across organizational teams and with the public. Politically astute and skilled in anticipating institutional concerns and coming up with workable solutions.
- Moreover, meticulous copy-editing skills.
- Understanding of complex, multi-channel social media in support of a large organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English, Journalism, or similar field.
- Also, at least 3 years experience directing and managing social media channels with a strong understanding of each outlet and their best practices. Equivalent experience creating digital content.
The incumbent must meet the following for Vacancy for Manager in the USA:
- Familiarity with digital publishing and content management processes, particularly for WordPress-based websites.
- Furthermore, proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite tools, especially Photoshop and Premiere (for graphic/photo manipulation and video editing, respectively) as well as other tools for creating multimedia assets for social channels such as Instagram.
- Also, experience implementing best practices for SEO including basic publishing practices, copywriting, link building, and optimization tactics across social media.
- Furthermore, understanding of how digital and social media can work to amplify and/or catalyze broader integrated communications efforts.
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more job opportunities.