Apply for Vacancy for Medical Assistant at The State University of New Jersey in the USA. The category for this job is Health and Medical Services.
New Jersey’s academic health center, Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (RBHS) takes an integrated approach to educating students, providing clinical care, and conducting research, all with the goal of improving human health.
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey is seeking a Medical Service Assistant for the Department of Family Medicine within the New Jersey Medical School. Additionally, under the direction of the Student Health Services Director; the Medical Services Assistant will ensure the flow of patients at Student Health Service.
- Prepares patients for physician visits.
- Also, prepares room and equipment for specifics of exam.
- Administers standing orders as per departmental guidelines, including all other standing orders as determined by physician.
- Moreover, maintains inventory and orders all medical supplies from vendors using University approved procedures.
- Likewise, manages group vaccination and infectious disease testing programs.
- Applicants must be certified as a Medical Assistant through one of the following certifying boards: American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), registration from the American Medical Technologists (AMT), certification from National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT), or equivalent.
- Also, certification in phlebotomy, CPR and EKG.
- Likewise, candidates without EKG certification may apply (certification must be obtained within one (1) year).
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The incumbent must meet the following for Vacancy for Medical Assistant in the USA:
- Must have attained a satisfactory level of comprehension and experience in the administration of intramuscular and subcutaneous injection techniques.
- Additionally, applicants must be able to take temperatures, pulse, blood pressures and other simple procedures where indicated.
- Completion of an accredited program in medical assisting or its equivalent plus at least one (1) year of related experience in a medical/clinical office setting.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Position requires lifting up to ten (10) lbs.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.