Apply for Vacancy for Medical Assistant at Weill Cornell Medicine in the USA. The category for this application is Health and Medical Services.
Weill Cornell Medicine, officially the Joan & Sanford I. Weill Medical College of Cornell University, is the biomedical research unit and medical school of Cornell University, a private Ivy League university. The medical college is located at 1300 York Avenue, on the Upper East Side of Manhattan in New York City, along with the Weill Cornell Graduate Scholarships.
Under direct supervision and in accordance with established policies and procedures, assists with planning, implementing and evaluating patient care. This role is also responsible for the smooth function of patient flow.
- Answers phones, responds to inquiries and triages calls to appropriate personnel.
- Also, greets registered patients at time of visit and triages patients through the patient flow process.
- Additionally, responsible for maintaining a sterile environment. Ensures standard infection control precautions are observed.
- Likewise, prepares exam rooms prior to patient visit. Cleans rooms and instruments and re-stocks supplies between patients.
- Furthermore, fulfills patient care responsibilities which may include, taking vital signs, updating patient history, collecting blood, urine and stool specimens and assisting providers/nurses in the exam room.
- Also, fulfills clerical responsibilities which may include, sending/receiving/scanning medical records, obtaining diagnostic reports. Also, hospital notes & referral information, completing forms/requisitions.
- Moreover, monitors and ensures clinical equipment is functioning properly. Escalates issues to supervisor.
- Regularly checks dated materials and medications for expiration date and discards expired items.
- Approximately 1 year of related experience, preferably in relevant specialty area.
- Also, completion of a medical assistant training course that includes phlebotomy is highly desired.
Likewise, candidates with extensive medical assistant work experience, along with phlebotomy certification may be considered.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated strong communication and interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to interact with multiple constituencies and exercise “people skills”.
- Also, demonstrates ability to exercise standards of professionalism, including appearance, presentation and demeanor.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.