Apply for Vacancy for Medical Receptionist at Weill Cornell Medicine in the USA. The deadline for this job is 15th July 2021.
Weill Cornell Medicine, officially the Joan & Sanford I. Weill Medical College of Cornell University, is the biomedical research unit and medical school of Cornell University, a private Ivy League university. Throughout its history, Weill Cornell Medicine physicians and scientists have made groundbreaking medical and research advances including the Pap test for cervical cancer, the first “double-blind” controlled experiment to test the efficacy of drugs, the synthesis of penicillin.
Under direct supervision, performs frontline reception, registration, administrative and operational activities to contribute to an optimal customer service experience for patients and efficient patient flow for physicians within the department.
- Obtains, reviews and updates patient demographic and insurance information within the practice management billing system.
- Also, verifies patient insurance eligibility and obtains necessary pre-authorization numbers, if required, prior to appointment date. Facilitates the communication and collection of any fees due from patient.
- Likewise, if applicable, ensures that patients provide any pre-visit documentation, pre-certifications or authorizations for medical services as needed, and/or a referral, if required.
- Additionally, greets patients at the front desk and assists in completing all necessary forms to facilitate the patient’s appointment.
- Furthermore, ensures that all patient files are updated within the practice management system (ie privacy forms, insurance cards, authorizations and consents).
- Moreover, maintains patient flow by monitoring the waiting area and provider schedules.
- Also, ensures that the waiting room is well-maintained and neat.
- High school diploma or GED
- Prior medical office experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Previous experience using computerized appointment scheduling systems (EPIC preferred) and/or electronic Medical Record (eMR) system (ideally EPIC-Care).
- Also, knowledge of CPT, ICD-9, and ICD-10 coding.
- Likewise, working knowledge of third party payor reimbursement – Medicare, Medicaid, Managed Care and commercial insurance.
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more job opportunities.