Apply for Vacancy for Medicine Technologist at University of Michigan in the USA. The category for this job is Health and Medical Services.
Provides health care services for all age groups by performing general, PET Nuclear Medicine imaging, including radioisotope preparation, quality control, data acquisition and processing. Likewise, image and data results are for interpretation by Nuclear Medicine physicians. Also, exercises of professional judgement in the performance of this service following the Code of Conduct of the appropriate certification board.
- Obtain Diagnostic Images for Interpretation
- Corroborates the patient’s clinical history and the exam ordered following patient identification guidelines.
- Also, utilize proper radiation protection devices and immobilization techniques for the specific age population.
- Furthermore, follow Radiation Safety protocols for the patient and self.
- Properly position the patient for proper anatomic demonstration while respecting the patient’s condition and abilities.
- Utilize nuclear medicine equipment following proper protocols.
- Likewise, provide diagnostic high quality images for interpretation
- Calibrate and perform diagnostic studies using scanners or scintillation cameras to detect radiation emitted and produce images.
- Understand and apply Guest relation skills following the Patient and Families First Principles.
- Moreover, work consistently as a team member willing to assist everyone, crossing modalities when needed.
- Follow Infection Control practices utilizing aseptic techniques, observing Universal precautions, and patient safety standards.
- Also, assist with the education of Nuclear Medicine Technology Students and/or health care professionals and participates in the division’s quality improvement program for the area.
- Possess a positive work ethic to enhance teamwork in a fast paced environment and is accountable for actions.
- Additionally, all other related duties.
- Identify and enter data into the Radiology Information System and the Pacs.
- Moreover, monitor the Order Entries for all patient exams.
- Educate and Monitor mandatory competencies for patient safety, infection control, fire safety, corporate compliance, and patient confidentiality. Including additional assigned educational modules for self improvement.
- Also, maintain BCLS Certification and NMTCB or ARRT Registry.
- The ability to meet the Nuclear Medicine Technologist’s professional role expectations defined as, critical thinking skills, interpersonal behavioral and social skills including communication. Likewise, physical mobility and motor skills demonstrating gross and fine motor abilities, sensory abilities of speech, hearing, touch and visual observation, and cognitive attention for patient safety.
- Has participated in a clinical internship in Nuclear Medicine. Has obtained a Bachelor’s degree or Associates(AS) degree in Nuclear Medicine Technology or successful completion of an accredited certification program in Nuclear Medicine Technology.
- Also, certification by the Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMTCB) or American Registry of Radiologic Technology (N) or to be registry eligible.
- Experience performing SPECT and SPECT/CT for General and Cardiovascular applications, and PET/CT applications is necessary BLS/ACLS certification or eligibility for certification is necessary.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.