Apply for Vacancy for Nurse Practitioner at Weill Cornell Medicine in the USA. The deadline for this job is 30th September 2021.
In collaboration with an attending physician, is responsible for the coordination and direct care of patients within specialty area(s) and clinical protocols as needed. Additionally, this role is also responsible for providing patient education.
- Responsible for patient care on an inpatient and/or outpatient service.
- Also, establishes priorities for nursing care through patient assessment and develops nursing care plans. Prepares equipment and assists provider during examination, testing, and treatment of patients.
- Likewise, coordinates multidisciplinary health care services and arranges diagnostic tests as ordered by physicians. Performs inpatient diagnostic testing, therapeutic, and interventional procedures as needed.
- Triages patient inquiries and communicates test results.
- Furthermore, as needed, administers appropriate injections and medications as ordered by medical providers in compliance with state law and clinic guidelines. Educates patients and staff on pharmacological/drug effects and protocol requirements, if applicable.
- Similarly, records medical information within the patients’ electronic medical record as instructed by the physician.
- May be required to reach out to referring physicians and promote new referrals.
- Moreover, may be responsible for the precertification and preauthorization of prescriptions.
- Participates in safety programs and orientation of new staff. Assists in reviewing and revising policies and procedures.
- Ensures infection control compliance within the practice and quality assurance in all aspects of patient care as mandated by institutional, local, state and federal regulatory agency requirements.
- Also, maintains inventory of supplies, equipment and/or reagents. May order supplies/equipment/reagents as authorized or ensure that needs are escalated appropriately. Receives supply orders and confirms accuracy of delivery. May assist with cost control.
- Additionally, attends workshops, seminars and/or conferences to keep abreast of standards and best practices within the field. Disseminates information to colleagues and/or staff as appropriate.
- If applicable, assesses patient eligibility and reviews patient medical history for inclusion in clinical studies.
- Master’s of Science Degree in Nursing
- Approximately 2 or more years of clinical experience as an NP in a physician practice or hospital setting, preferably within a related specialty.
- Also, new graduates with related RN experience may be considered.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Likewise, excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Additionally, a team oriented individual that works collaboratively to achieve team goals.
Licenses and Certifications
The incumbent must meet the following for Vacancy for Nurse Practitioner in the USA:
- NYS Registered Nurse Practitioner (NP) license and current NP registration
- NYS Registered Professional Nurse license and current RN registration
- Also, applicable National Board Certification (such as ANCC, PNCB, etc)
- Current BLS (must be issued by American Heart Association)
- Furthermore, infection Control Certificate
- Similarly, current Narcotics DEA registration certificate.
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more job opportunities.