Apply for Vacancy for Occupational Therapist at University of Utah in the USA. The category for this job is Health and Medical Services.
As a patient-focused organization, the University of Utah Health Sciences exists to enhance the health and well-being of people through patient care, research and education. Success in this mission requires a culture of collaboration, excellence, leadership, and respect. Also, the Health Sciences Center seeks faculty and staff who are committed to the values of compassion, collaboration. Likewise, innovation, responsibility, diversity, integrity, quality and trust that are integral to our mission.
Essential Functions –
- Evaluates patients’ abilities and limitations.
- Also, administers therapy according to the established plan, utilizing appropriate procedures, equipment and techniques within the scope of practice of occupational therapy.
- Educates the patient and caregiver about the goals of the occupational therapy program, methods of accomplishing goals, how to perform the home program and injury prevention.
- Likewise, recommends adaptive equipment, completes the equipment justification forms and arranges for the delivery of the equipment if needed.
- Re-evaluates patients, assesses their progress and makes recommendations regarding discharge.
- Furthermore, evaluates home, school or work environments and makes recommendations to reduce barriers to function Consults and co-treats with therapists from other disciplines.
- Moreover, provides documentation of patient care according to established criteria.
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined above.
- Demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills.
- Also, ability to administer occupational therapy services to patients, provide work direction to aides, assistants, volunteers and occupational therapy students, identify program needs, develop new areas of activity, and respond to emergency situations.
- Likewise, ability to respond to emergency situations, develop treatment plans and provide therapy according to individual needs.
- Knowledge of current and latest technology, insurance practices and community resources in order to provide quality treatment.
- Additionally, ability to maintain a current knowledge of safety issues needed in the treatment of patients, especially regarding body substance precautions and body mechanics to protect self, patients and personnel working with therapists.
- Ability to participate in rotations of work area, weekends and week-day hours and assigned holidays.
- Moreover, ability to abide by the ethical guidelines as outlined by the American Occupational Therapy Association.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.