Apply for Vacancy for Operations Specialist at Texas A&M University in the USA. The category for this job is Occupational and Environmental Safety.
The Emergency Management Operation Specialist is responsible for emergency management support including response, recovery, mitigation, and planning functions. Likewise, work involves coordinating the dissemination of information, conducting outreach activities for the campus community, plan development and maintenance, participating in response and recovery operations, and performing internal administrative support work. Also, this position works under general supervision, with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. Reports to the Assistant Director.
- Interpret and disseminate information concerning local, state, system and Texas A&M University-Commerce policies, procedures, and requirements.
- Coordinate and support daily and weekly meetings.
- Also, coordinate the preparation, editing, and distribution of important correspondence; including daily incident action plans and executive summaries.
- Responsible for the development, plan maintenance, dissemination, and training related to the institutions Continuity of Operations and Emergency Operation Plans, including all related annexes of each.
- Likewise, provide consultative and technical guidance or training on local, state, system and Texas A&M University-Commerce policies, procedures, and requirements.
- Conduct outreach services, including contact tracing and wellness checks, as required for students, faculty, and staff.
- Additionally, assist the Director and Assistant Director of Campus Operations and Safety in all emergency management functions as necessary. May assist other departments in their response, recovery, mitigation, and preparation phases also.
- However, responsible for staffing, support, and functionality related to the institutions Emergency Operation Center.
- Provides direct support and communicates with student’s faculty, and staff regarding Texas A&M University-Commerce response and recovery actions and requirements.
- Furthermore, responds to information requests from students, faculty and staff regarding local, state, federal, and system emergency management requirements.
- Performs other duties.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field from an accredited college or university or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Also, zero-two years of related work experience. Excellent communications skills essential. Knowledge of business communications, spelling, punctuation, office procedures and excellent proofing skills. Ability to organize and set priorities, maintain records, interpret and prepare reports. Proficiency with MS Word and MS Excel. Detail oriented with ability to maintain accurate recordkeeping. Must be able to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Moreover, multi-task and work well as part of a team.
- Also, active Amateur Radio Operator or ability to acquire within 6 months of start.
- May travel up to 25%
- Education skills and experience above and beyond the minimum that would be ideal but is not required.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.