Apply for Vacancy for Operations Specialist at Weill Cornell Medicine in the USA. The category for this job is Laboratory and Research.
Under supervision, provides administrative, secretarial, research and clinical support for the laboratory.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory audits/inspections and/or internal reviews. Develops and recommends corrective action plans to address deficiencies identified. May serve as liaison to audit team(s) during on-site visits.
- Moreover, maintains inventory of supplies, equipment and/or reagents. May order supplies/equipment/reagents as authorized or ensure that needs are escalated appropriately. Receives supply orders and confirms accuracy of delivery. May assist with cost control.
- Also, negotiates prices with external vendors for the purchase of equipment and places orders for all equipment.
- However, ensures that facilities and equipment are in optimal and proper working condition. Coordinates preventative maintenance and repairs as needed. May perform minor repairs if qualified and as needed. May advise on upgrades for performance enhancements.
- Likewise, reviews and reconciles accounts, financial transactions, documentation and/or financial reports. Investigates and corrects discrepancies. Escalates issues as needed.
- Responsible for disbursement/reimbursement activities as needed.
- Furthermore, ensures that laboratory staff training and certification requirements are fulfilled.
- Also, ensures that all guidelines are followed for lab safety.
- Prepares all correspondence and applications related to IRB and IACUC submissions, amendments and renewals.
- Assists laboratory staff with inquiries related to access to the laboratory and systems.
- Assists in the compilation of literature, presentation materials and statistical data, for academic slide generation, lectures and academic publications.
- Performs literature searches relevant to ongoing research projects.
- Also, responsible for the organization of fellowship interviews.
- Processes volunteer forms.
- Likewise, coordinates paperwork related to new hires, terminations, academic appointments and human resources related issues.
- Responsible for obtaining staff timesheets and ensuring they are completed correctly for entry into the payroll system.
- Moreover, responsible for organizing departmental activities and events.
- Generates reports for analysis.
Approximately 3-5 years of prior administrative support experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Also, demonstrated organizational skills and ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Moreover, professional demeanor with strong presentation and customer service skills.