Apply for Vacancy for Patient Coordinator at Weill Cornell Medicine in the USA. The category for this job is Administrative Assistants.
Under direct supervision, the Patient Coordinator performs frontline reception, registration, administrative and/or billing activities to contribute to an optimal customer service experience for patients and efficient patient flow for physicians within the Department.
The incumbent must meet the following for Vacancy for Patient Coordinator in the USA:
- Responsible for front-end revenue cycle processes, which may include but is not limited to, the check-in/check-out of patients and collection/reconciliation of time-of-service payments, as applicable. May also discuss patient’s responsibility for payments
- Similarly, schedules, confirms, re-schedules and cancels appointments for both new and existing patients using the scheduling application.
- Completes initial registration when scheduling new patients with all required demographic and insurance information. Retrieves and stores patient visit specific details such as authorization numbers and referring physicians.
- Also, arrives patients in the practice management system to notify clinical team when patients are checked in and ready to see the physician.
- If applicable, ensures that patients provide any pre-visit documentation, pre-certifications or authorizations for medical services as needed, and/or a referral, if required.
- Likewise, distributes informational and specialty-specific educational brochures.
- Educates patients about the patient portal and encourages patient participation.
- Additionally, answers phones, responds to inquiries and triages calls to appropriate personnel.
- Maintains waiting areas in a neat and tidy condition.
- Moreover, may be responsible for chaperone duties during patient exams as needed.
- High school diploma or GED
Approximately 1 or more years of experience succeeding in a customer/patient service role over telephone and in-person
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Previous experience using computerized appointment scheduling systems (EPIC preferred) and/or electronic Medical Record (eMR) system (ideally EPIC-Care).
- Also, knowledge of CPT, ICD-9, and ICD-10 coding.
- Working knowledge of third party payor reimbursement – Medicare, Medicaid, Managed Care and commercial insurance.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.