Apply for Vacancy for Patient Coordinator at Weill Cornell Medicine in the USA. The category for this job is Health and Medical Services.
Under direct supervision, provides administrative and secretarial support related to coordinating patient care within the clinical practice.
- Responsible for front-end revenue cycle processes, which may include but is not limited to, the check-in/check-out of patients and collection/reconciliation of time-of-service payments, as applicable. May also discuss patient’s responsibility for payments
- Additionally, verifies patient insurance eligibility and obtains necessary pre-authorization numbers, if required, prior to appointment date. Facilitates the communication and collection of any fees due from patient.
- Moreover, registers patients within the practice management system. Completes full registration for new patients and eligibility verification for all appointments/procedures. Resolves registration issues prior to patient appointment to ensure smooth check-in.
- Similarly, schedules, confirms, re-schedules and cancels appointments for both new and existing patients using the scheduling application.
- Educates patients about the patient portal and encourages patient participation.
- Likewise, distributes informational and specialty-specific educational brochures.
- Identifies areas of improvement for the front desk and office flow.
- Additionally, assists in the training of new staff members in the practice’s standard of operations policies regarding patient care and billing related activities.
- Monitors schedules for wait lists, re-schedules and cancellations. Recommends improvements to workflows to ensure maximum schedule utilization.
- Furthermore, manages patient chart process to ensure that information is inputted and scanned properly.
- Posts payment information within the practice management system.
- Also, maintains inventory of supplies, equipment and/or reagents. May order supplies/equipment/reagents as authorized or ensure that needs are escalated appropriately. Receives supply orders and confirms accuracy of delivery. May assist with cost control.
- Answers phones, responds to inquiries and triages calls to appropriate personnel.
- Receives, sorts and distributes mail.
- Moreover, may coordinate and schedule laboratory and diagnostic tests.
- May maintain physicians’ clinical calendars.
Approximately 2 years or more years of work experience in a healthcare setting, preferably with a strong customer service background
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Previous experience using computerized appointment scheduling systems (EPIC preferred) and/or electronic Medical Record (eMR) system (ideally EPIC-Care).
- Knowledge of CPT, ICD-9, and ICD-10 coding.
- Also, working knowledge of third party payor reimbursement – Medicare, Medicaid, Managed Care and commercial insurance.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.