Apply for Vacancy for Payroll Manager at Mills College in the USA. The deadline for this application is ongoing.
Summary of Position:
The Payroll Manager is responsible for the management and integrity of the faculty/staff and student payroll systems. This includes preparing semi-monthly payroll functions and quarterly and year-end payroll and tax reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.).The Payroll Manager should be a subject matter expert with experience with faculty as well as staff payroll. Also, the position supervises the Payroll and Student Employment Coordinator.
- Oversees all pay cycles for semi-monthly payroll processing; runs payroll on SCT HR Banner system.
- Reports and reviews benefits reports running off payroll processing; works with Benefits Manager on ensuring accuracy of benefit deduction, deferral and reporting.
- Likewise, works with HR director and Career Services staff for HR paperwork and inquiries. Provides ongoing analysis and reports from various data sources for the purpose of management review and decision making.
- Moreover, responds to auditing and regulatory inquiries.
- Works with systems support staff on necessary modifications and maintenance of computer systems supporting payroll information; coordinates payroll functions with HR, Finance and Benefits functions and operations.
- Similarly, serves as a resource to individuals and departments; assists with identification and resolution of payroll problems.
- Manages Payroll Department budget.
- Also, serves as liaison with auditors, outside agencies and organizations.
- Participates as a senior member of the Employee Services team supporting overall employee services policies, procedures, projects, and operations.
- Responsible for (SAS or correct) testing and compliance, including implementation of new processes and reporting procedures as necessary.
- Additionally, assures payroll deadlines and reporting requirements are met; implements and monitors practices and procedures to comply with internal control procedures.
- Moreover, manages processing and verification of garnishment orders from various federal, state, and local agencies.
- Maintains knowledge of federal, state, and local legal requirements; ensures compliance; advises management of needed actions.
- Moreover, maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing professional publications.
- Performs pre-payroll audits providing guidance, adjustments, corrections, or requests for information as necessary.
- Also, performs post-payroll audits and payroll system output.
- Handles escalations, complex, or non-routine situations for all levels of employees and administration, providing root cause analysis and corrective action.
- However, prepares payroll related journal entries and account reconciliation; manages banking relationships, and oversees all payroll transmittals to banking institutions and government agencies.
- Additionally, works with the Employee Services team on projects and initiatives.
- Relational database technology and creates ad-hoc reports to troubleshoot discrepancies and issues.
- Applicable state and federal wage and hour laws.
- Payroll system to achieve alignment with Benefits and HR to ensure effective accounting support.
- Ability to plan and manage multiple projects with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution.
- Similarly, strong customer service orientation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Moreover, must facilitate management and employee understanding of payroll procedures.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
- Likewise, read, interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures;
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others;
- Also, analyze situations accurately and adopt effective courses of action.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.