Apply for Vacancy for Post-Doctoral Associate at University of Missouri in the USA. The deadline for this job is 30th September 2021.
The Missouri Institute for Defense and Energy (MIDE) at the University of Missouri-Kansas City, is a fast-growing research institute founded to solve real-world problems by synthesizing physics and engineering principals with a pragmatic, results-driven and collaborative philosophy.
The Missouri institute for Defense & Energy is seeking to hire a Post-Doctoral Associate who is a subject matter expert in machine learning with specific focus in data science development of AI/ML systems, models, and infrastructure to augment the quantitative performance, accuracy, and effectiveness of the systems being developed within the Institute’s programs.
The ideal team member:
- You have a passion for solving high-impact, real-world problems;
- Also, have hands-on, pragmatic problem-solving approach for mission-critical applied research;
- You possess the ability to operate in agile and dynamic working environments as a core team player and independent individual;
- Likewise, you are creative and versatile in designing, simulation, and analyzing pulse power solutions for complex electrical and computational problems;
- Furthermore, demonstrates creative and critical thinking with an innate drive to improve how things work
- You have a high tolerance for ambiguity. You connect-synthesize-execute.
- Similarly, effective verbal and written communication skills to inform and guide team-members; and,
- Also, excellent and efficient organizational/time-management skills to prioritize and execute on both long-term and short parallel assignments.
- Work with MIDE program directors, project leads, and technical experts to employ robust embedded ML solutions for ongoing and future projects.
- Also, construct proposals and technical content towards generating new revenue streams leveraging AI/ML pertinent to the focus areas of the Institute.
- Additionally, automate generating engineered key performance metrics out of massive and complex datasets using programs such as Druid, Spark MLib, Kafka.
- Mentor students/faculty/staff on technical area as appropriate.
- Likewise, leverage MIE Support Services Resources such as Business Development, Logistics, IS/IT.
- Furthermore, holistically uphold MIDE’s mission, vision, and values.
- Desire to change the landscape of integrated solutions which leverage ML/AI software-based solutions within the academic setting as part of the Institute;
- Also, deep-rooted passion about improving research capabilities by keeping abreast on the latest algorithms within AI/ML;
- Enhance the new School of STEM through faculty/group collaborations;
- Additionally, accumulate increased knowledge on ecosystem technologies towards refining ML/AI skillset as the premier expert within the Institute;
- Produce academic journal articles on research efforts as first author, or contributing author, based on the collaborative work performed;
- Likewise, demonstrate creative and critical thinking with an innate drive to improve how things work beyond ML;
- Develop relationships with the IS/IT personnel and university’s HPC resources available through SCE and UM System; and
- Additionally, help other MIDE leads within your expertise area when/where possible.
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more job opportunities