Apply for Vacancy for Postdoctoral Fellow at The State University of New Jersey in the USA. The category for this job is Biochemistry and Molecular Biology.
New Jersey’s academic health center, Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (RBHS) takes an integrated approach to educating students, providing clinical care, and conducting research, all with the goal of improving human health. Also, aligned with Rutgers University-New Brunswick and collaborating university wide, RBHS includes eight schools, a behavioral health network, and five centers and institutes that focus on cancer treatment and research, neuroscience, advanced biotechnology and medicine, environmental and occupational health, and health care policy and aging research.
Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey is seeking a Postdoctoral Fellow for the Neurology department at the Robert Wood Johnson Medical School.
- Performs molecular biologic experiments that involve cloning of specific cDNAs in various vectors including viral vectors, PCR, sequence analyses, transcription assays, Western blotting, DNA-protein interaction, and cell biologic studies.
- Also, conducts basic laboratory experiments in in vitro systems to study proteins and their functions.
- Carries out studies with cultured cell lines, primary neurons and iPSc derived neurons.
- Likewise, treats and assesses mouse models of neurodegenerative disease using behavioral tests.
- Additionally, analyzes the brains of animals modified genetically or through viral vectors, or treated with neurotoxins using morphological and biochemical assays including immunohistochemistry, Western blotting, HPLC, and q-PCR.
Minimum Education and Experience
- A PhD and/or MD degree in Neurobiology, Molecular Biology, or a relevant science, with knowledge of neuroscience. Likewise, expertise in investigations of animal models of Parkinson’s Disease.
- Also, training and experience in molecular and cellular neurobiology including cloning, construct design and vector preparation.
- Experience is also needed with mouse models of neurologic disease including behavioral studies, genotyping of genetically modified mice. Also, immunohistochemistry on brain tissue, Western blotting and biochemical assays on brain tissue lysates.
- Likewise, candidates in all but degree (ABD) status will also be considered.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrate a record of productivity with scholarly, peer-reviewed publications.
- Additionally, able to operate standard laboratory equipment such as centrifuges, culture hoods, incubators, PCR machines, shaking incubators and plate readers.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.