Apply for Vacancy for Practice Nurse at The State University of New Jersey in the USA. The category for this job is Health and Medical Services.
New Jersey’s academic health center, Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (RBHS) takes an integrated approach to educating students, providing clinical care, and conducting research, all with the goal of improving human health.
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking an Advanced Practice Nurse for the Department of Surgery, Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery at the Rutgers, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School.
- Performs history and physical examination in preparation for Cardiac surgery. Documents findings in the patient’s record.
- Also, ensures all patient phone calls are returned within 24 hours.
- Orders preoperative medication and appropriate laboratory, radiologic and special diagnostic tests, required for a complete preoperative evaluation. Interprets and reports findings to attending physician and resident staff.
- Likewise, provides follow-up care for any wound complication.
- Also, orders any appropriate medications and diagnostic tests as directed by cardiac surgeon.
- Moreover, participates in patient care rounds with attending to determine the overall and daily plan of care.
- Likewise, liaison between rehab facilities and/or referring physicians and surgeons.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing with a minimum of a Master’s Degree.
- Also, at least two (2) years of nursing experience, preferably as an Advanced Practice Nurse.
- Certified as an Advanced Practice Nurse by the Board of Nursing with prescriptive authority in the State of New Jersey.
- Also, CPR Certification.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Experience as a surgical or cardiac surgery APN/PA within a critical care setting.
- Experience in hepatology/gastroenterology.
- Likewise, EMR & SCM experience.
- Additionally, at least one (1) year of experience with electronic medical records.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- Moreover, experience in treating diverse patient population.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.