Apply for Vacancy for Pre-Authorization Coordinator at Weill Cornell Medicine in the USA. The category for this job is Health and Medical Services.
Weill Cornell Medicine is among the nation’s top-ranked medical and graduate schools, striving for excellence in its education of the world’s future healthcare leaders. Research by faculty and graduate students at Weill Cornell Medicine is collaborative, groundbreaking and patient-focused.
Under direction, is responsible for the management of insurance verifications, eligibility and prior authorizations for services requiring referrals, including surgical procedures, visits and diagnostic testing
- Ensures that patient demographic, insurance information, verification and eligibility have been established and documented.
- Also, verifies pre-certifications and obtains upgrades if needed. If pre-certification is not obtained for next day, notifies the referring doctor’s office and contacts the patient to find out if they would rather reschedule.
- Responsible for obtaining financial clearance and/or prior balances patients may have.
- Likewise, verifies patient insurance eligibility and obtains necessary pre-authorization numbers, if required, prior to appointment date. Facilitates the communication and collection of any fees due from patient.
- Furthermore, documents and communicates with clinical staff, physicians, administrators and patients regarding insurance problems/discrepancies; contacts patients to receive updated insurance information or correct issues.
- Similarly, scans documentation into the EMR system as necessary. Inputs and/or obtains authorizations/precertification’s into and from within online systems.
- Initiates and prepares written correspondence as needed and based on functional needs.
- Additionally, attends workshops, seminars and/or conferences to keep abreast of standards and best practices within the field. Disseminates information to colleagues and/or staff as appropriate.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Approximately 2 years prior related experience within the medical field
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of CPT, ICD9, and ICD10 coding.
- Also, excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Furthermore, professional appearance, punctuality and a sense of urgency.
- Additionally, ability to plan and prioritize work while responding to rapidly changing priorities.
- Likewise, detail oriented.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.