Apply for Vacancy for Principal Officer at Muhlenberg College in the USA. The category for this job is Development and Fundraising.
Muhlenberg College is a highly selective, private, four-year residential, liberal arts college offering baccalaureate and graduate programs. With an enrollment of approximately 2,200 students, Muhlenberg College is dedicated to shaping creative, compassionate, collaborative leaders through rigorous academic programs in the arts, humanities, business, natural sciences and social sciences; as well as pre-professional programs in law, health and theology; and progressive workforce-focused post-baccalaureate certificates and master’s degrees. As part of eastern Pennsylvania’s scenic Lehigh Valley, Allentown is a diverse city of 122,000, located just 60 miles north of Philadelphia and 90 miles west of New York City.
The Principal Gift Officer will advance the mission of the College by significantly increasing the level of personal involvement and financial commitment of alumni, parents and friends.
- Manage the fundraising cultivation process for 100 qualified principal gift prospects.
- Develop and maintain a national travel schedule to visit a minimum of 80 qualified prospects annually.
- Also, create an annual work plan that defines individuals to be cultivated, solicited and closed, and dollars to be raised.
- Similarly, successfully solicit and close six- and seven-figure gifts, focusing on principal and blended gifts in line with the College’s current comprehensive campaign priorities.
- Raise current use dollars in support of the annual operation of the College.
- Likewise, exceed annually assigned fundraising goals.
- Utilize senior academic and administrative leaders, trustees and other volunteers to gain access to prospective donors and close gifts.
- Additionally, create strong ties to the academic and administrative departments of the College, gain an in-depth understanding of their programs, and align the interests of prospects with the most relevant institutional areas and priorities.
- Invest in continually learning about the College in order to have broad, up-to-date knowledge of the operation.
- Furthermore, serve as a liaison between Advancement and assigned academic departments or administrative offices.
- Attend campus College functions, including but not limited to, Homecoming/ Reunion Weekend, Commencement Weekend, and Advancement Department meetings and retreats.
- Collaborate with the Alumni Affairs team in successfully staging dinners, programs and events to foster stronger engagement with Muhlenberg.
- Work collaboratively with members of Advancement to develop and support special fundraising projects as opportunities arise.
- Likewise, design programs – when necessary – that leverage a prospect’s professional knowledge, promotes engagement, and that supports the cultivation of the prospect.
- Identify potential College volunteers for committees and boards.
- Also, take on other duties as assigned in pursuit of the mission of the College.
- Bachelors degree. Advanced degree preferable.
- Also, ability to powerfully articulate the role and importance of a small, private, residential, liberal arts education and the value and unique characteristics of Muhlenberg.
- At least eight years of frontline fundraising or comparable experience, preferably in higher education.
- Likewise, excellent written, communication and relationship building skills.
- Strong personal work ethic and integrity.
- Flexibility and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and manage numerous projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to meet or exceed goals and work well as a part of a team.
- Proven self-starter, able to take appropriate initiative to ensure success.
- Similarly, experience in strategically leveraging volunteers and academic and administrative staff in cultivating and soliciting donors.
- Additionally, successful completion of background checks, including but not limited to education and national criminal background.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.