Apply for Vacancy for Product Manager at Western Governors University in the USA. The category for this job is Information Technology.
Driven by a mission to expand access to higher education through online, competency-based degree programs, WGU is also committed to being a great place to work for a diverse workforce of student-focused professionals. The university has pioneered a new way to learn in the 21st century, one that has received praise from academic, industry, government, and media leaders. Whatever your role, working for WGU gives you a part to play in helping students graduate, creating a better tomorrow for themselves and their families.
- Work in an Agile environment fulfilling the role of Product Owner and continuously refine and prioritize the backlog, balancing stakeholder priorities with product health needs to maximize value and minimize risk
- Also, engage a cross functional team of stakeholders, end-users, engineers, UX designers and product and portfolio leaders to understand the problems to solve, inform the product vision and define software product requirements
- Develop, own, and communicate the software product roadmap based on the strategy, problems to solve and stakeholder priorities
- Likewise, own the product roadmap and collaborate with the scrum team to define features and manage a backlog of sprint-ready user stories with clear acceptance criteria to deliver on the roadmap.
- Participate and present in quarterly planning activities and bi-weekly portfolio steering committees
- Moreover, works day to day with the NGP Business Clients clarifying business requirements, removing roadblocks, constantly communicating and gaining alignment around delivering the strategic plan
- Additionally, works collaboratively with NGP Business Clients members to prepare for and ensure User Acceptance Testing (UAT) is completed at each release
- Collaborates with training and launch plan activities in order to start new business operations for Business Clients
- Furthermore, define and surface risks, assumptions and tradeoffs associated with product features to guide prioritization decisions
- Actively participate in the urgent resolution of any high impact production issue
- Moreover, maintain and build relationships with business owners, stakeholders, team members and key vendors
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Subject matter expertise in product management and assigned product domain
- Demonstrated experience working in the Agile Scrum framework and with project management methodologies
- Also, comfortable with ambiguity and prepared to act with incomplete information
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Likewise, thrives working collaboratively as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail while not losing site of the larger goal
- Similarly, leadership skills with the ability to effectively influence, persuade and negotiate with multiple levels
- Understanding of technical concepts and ability to communicate them to non-technical audiences
- Additionally, analytical and quantitative skills to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, surface recommendations and drive decisions. Ability to clearly communicate these data insights to others.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience working as a software Product Manager, Product Owner or Business Analyst or working in an Agile Scrum team in a related role
- Also, master’s degree
- Experience in Education technology, higher education or related market
- Certified in change management
- Likewise, certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) or other equivalent certification
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.