Apply for Vacancy for Production Editor at Texas A&M University in the USA. The category of the position is Publications and Editing.
Texas A&M University is a public land-grant research university in College Station, Texas. Additionally, it was founded in 1876 and became the flagship institution of the Texas A&M University System in 1948. As of 2020, Texas A&M’s student body is the second largest in the United States.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Also, two years of related experience in electronic publishing and printing
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others
- Additionally, working knowledge of publication and web production software including MS Word and Excel, Adobe FrameMaker/InDesign, Acrobat Pro, Illustrator, and Dreamweaver
Required Licenses and Certifications:
- Obtain and hold a passport and appropriate visas on a continuing basis
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Five or more years experience in scholarly electronic and web publishing
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Produce draft and final products for IODP riser, riser less, and mission-specific expedition volume materials, reports, and expedition research manuscripts.
- Also, produce publications for special projects.
- Perform legacy tasks for previous program materials.
- Likewise, lay out chapter galleys for author review, and apply author changes.
- Assist with producing interactive PDFs and HTML translations and web content.
- Furthermore, prepare volume zip files to be included with the electronic volume.
- Moreover, prepare volume front matter and ensure contents are complete and correct.
- Carry out standards and style guidelines for quality control
- Also, ensure quality, consistency, and completeness in all publications
- Likewise, proof HTML and PDF online publications and other web content
- Furthermore, work with graphics and editorial sections to promote consistency throughout each volume
- Understand and implement IODP style for publications materials
- Additionally, understand the publication workflow from submission to publication
- Attend software training or production training as needed
- Furthermore, use available resources are to find information
- Participate as needed or assigned in ongoing research into software, hardware, and other technologies or techniques that will streamline production and keep IODP publications technically current
- Likewise, learn production techniques beyond the basics
- Assist with training Production Editor I staff on basic production tasks
- Additionally, attend advanced software training as assigned
- Furthermore, help develop written procedures
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more job opportunities.