Apply for Vacancy for Program Assistant at University of Connecticut in the USA. The category for this job is Business and Financial Services.
The MS in Business Analytics & Project Management (MSBAPM) Program in the School of Business is seeking a full-time Program Assistant (Educational Program Assistant 1). The incumbent will report to the Program Manager for the MSBAPM Program and will provide administrative support as well as entry-level program support for the School of Business MS in Business Analytics Program (BAPM) and may provide support to other business graduate programs. Also, the position will be based at the Graduate Business Learning Center in downtown Hartford but because it will support functions of the Stamford operations of the program, it will require periodic time spent at the Stamford Campus. Occasional evening and weekend hours, as well as in-state and out-of-state travel, may be required in support of program events and activities.
- Planning and executing aspects of program events, outreach activities, and promotional materials, including but, not limited to, orientation, information sessions (virtual and in-person), and open houses.
- Coordinating program logistics and administrative support for program staff and faculty teaching in the program.
- Similarly, serving as a resource for students, faculty, and outside groups on matters relating to program activities.
- With direction from the Program Manager, coordinating BAPM course scheduling across the Hartford and Stamford campuses.
- Likewise, supporting student advising activities, experiential learning, clubs and organizations.
- Preparing, organizing, and documenting program meetings.
- Moreover, maintaining accurate records and assemble data and prepare statistical and/or historical reports as assigned.
- Providing direct training and related support services and following up to resolve problems in assigned area of responsibility.
- Supervising and assigning work to student employees, coordinating job postings with regional business operations team, making student hiring decisions, etc.
- Also, assisting in preparation of budgets and monitors expenditures.
- Providing general office support, including answering phones, responding to inquiries, directing calls and general website updates.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and up to one year of experience OR Associate’s Degree and two to three years of experience.
- Demonstrated administrative and organizational skills, including experience identifying, analyzing and resolving day-to-day program problems efficiently, effectively, accurately and independently.
- Also, demonstrated ability to coordinate, plan and execute events.
- Likewise, willingness and ability to work evenings and weekends, and travel in-state and out-of-state as required.
- Dependable transportation.
- Proven experience working in a higher education environment in a University setting.
- Also, proven experience working with diverse student groups, programs, or constituents, including international students.
- Likewise, demonstrated proficiency with student administration systems such as Peoplesoft, and collaboration tools such as Google Workspace.
- Demonstrated experience with virtual meeting platforms such as MS Teams and WebEx.
- Additionally, ability to supervise student employees.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.