Apply for Vacancy for Program Director at BerkleeNYC in the USA. The deadline for this job is 31st August 2021.
The Master of Arts in Creative Media and Technology, Songwriting and Production Specialization explores an integrated approach to the creation of popular music through the thorough examination of current practices in collaborative, technology-aided songwriting. Similarly, students will refine and bolster their artistic expression through analyzing current hit songs and writing music and lyrics, as well as furthering their technical skills through the examination of current production and writing styles and trends, utilizing the latest industry-standard software and hardware. Immersion into entrepreneurship, storytelling, and design thinking will round out a comprehensive toolkit for aspiring creatives in the songwriting and production space.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide vision and leadership for the Songwriting and Production specialization, serving 40 full-time masters students
- Similarly, supervise full-time faculty, part-time faculty, graduate assistants and work study/interns.
- Work with members of the BerkleeNYC Campus staff to effectively execute recruitment, scheduling, student services, concerts, departmental trips, and other efforts for the Songwriting and Production program
- Also, teach courses in Design Thinking, Entrepreneurship, Innovation, Hybrid Production, recording and mixing as appropriate
- Propose, manage and evaluate the annual Songwriting and Production departmental budget
- Likewise, serve as Co-Artistic DIrector of the various campus concert series
- Participate in college committees, as appropriate
- Moreover, maintain a high profile as an artist & music technologist
- Additionally, participate in industry events for networking and recruiting purposes and to increase campus visibility.
Experience and Competencies:
The incumbent must meet the following for Vacancy for Program Director in the USA:
- Master’s degree with appropriate experience preferred; equivalent professional experience in music production or music technology considered
- Extensive working knowledge of music technology in collaborative writing & production spaces
- Furthermore, significant professional achievement as an active, accomplished and innovative music producer
- Expertise with a wide range of technology & creative tools including software and hardware, recording studios, electronic instruments and collaborative production equipment
- Likewise, demonstrated familiarity with all styles of contemporary music and current musical trends and the ability to effectively integrate such music into the curriculum
- Outstanding record as an educator, teaching and developing curriculum, preferably in a university or college setting
- Additionally, administrative experience, preferably in a university or college setting, which demonstrates effective leadership and management skills
- The ability to effectively create and manage departmental budgets and schedules.
- Moreover, strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to promote a vision and motivate a team to realize projects
- Excellent communication, listening, interpersonal, project management and organizational skills
- Also, demonstrated commitment to diversity, fairness, and equal opportunity
- Culturally sensitive to a wide variety of backgrounds and communication styles
- Furthermore, flexibility to adapt to changing surroundings and situations
- Ability to work in both traditional and nontraditional settings
- Ability to navigate within a complex academic setting and build and cultivate relationships
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more job opportunities