Apply for Vacancy for Project Manager at San Diego State University in the USA. The deadline for this job is 31st August 2021.
Reporting to the Senior Planner, the Project Manager is responsible for performing a variety of responsibilities related to the design and tenant improvement construction of research foundation-owned property, and leased project space associated with the research foundation’s real property holdings of approximately 700,000 square feet of building and 3600 acres of total property located in and around San Diego County.
Also, this position will regularly perform administrative and technical work in analyzing data, attending/scheduling meetings, preparing written reports, reviewing proposals/contracts/agreements, preparing statistical reports and spreadsheets, etc.
The incumbent must meet the following for Vacancy for Project Manager in the USA:
- Oversee work performance for adherence to plans, codes, specifications and foundation standards.
- Also, coordinate and lead meetings with all stakeholders to determine scope and design (design development), as well as throughout project to maintain a cohesive team environment.
- Likewise, perform bid analyses and develop and track working construction budgets; integrate value engineering where appropriate.
- Develop project Gantt chart schedules for adherence to critical path and tracking of ancillary timelines; provide regular updates to project team.
- Furthermore, coordinate inspections by building officials as well as internal maintenance staff to ensure proper installation and performance standards are met.
- Moreover, coordinate mobilization and installation of furniture, fixtures and equipment (FFE) phases as well as with internal staff for support components such as telephone, data, security and janitorial needs of the project
Knowledge and Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of the latest releases of AutoCAD and Microsoft Project
- Also, comprehensive knowledge of the CBC, ADA and ADAAG codes and requirements
- Knowledge of BOMA method of space calculation
- Additionally, ability to read, draft, and understand working architectural/engineering construction documents
- Knowledge in preparation, understanding of specifications for interior planning and construction
- Likewise, possess excellent leadership and management skills, with ability to motivate teams to produce quality performance and results within tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Additionally, ability to work as a team as well as with a high degree of autonomy, making independent and technical decisions, and solving problems “on the fly”.
- Similarly, possess strong organizational and project management skills with drive to meet division objectives
- Knowledge of cost-estimating, budgeting, value engineering, and scheduling construction projects
- Knowledge of state, federal, city and local regulations in planning and B occupancy construction
- Furthermore, ability to develop or participate in writing specifications for equipment, systems or services
- Ability to create RFQ/RFP packages and negotiate contracted service agreements
- Similarly, flexibility to work after normal business hours to accomplish required tasks and during emergency situations
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or equivalent experience in drafting, architecture, engineering, interior design, or a related field.
- Also, minimum of 3 years of experience in all areas of space planning and tenant improvement project management.
- Previous related work experience in a university, non-profit, or space planning firm setting.
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more job opportunities