Apply for Vacancy for Research Assistant at Harvard University in the USA. The category for this job is Laboratory and Research.
The Wyss Institute’s mission is to transform healthcare and the environment by emulating the way nature builds. We harness the freedom of academia and the focus of industry in order to translate revolutionary technologies into commercial products and solutions. Also, at the Wyss Institute, faculty from premier academic and clinical institutions, collaborate with staff scientists, postdocs, graduate students, industry experts, business development leaders.
About the role:
We are looking for a talented Research Assistant to support the discovery and validation of novel antibody (Ab) shuttles that efficiently deliver therapeutic payloads across the blood-brain barrier (BBB). Reporting to the Senior Staff Scientist, you will work with a multidisciplinary team as part of our Bioinspired Therapeutics and Diagnostics platform.
- Under guidance from senior staff, contribute significantly to efforts in novel drug and diagnostic delivery across the BBB.
- Prepare mouse tissue and blood for pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamic studies (PKPD)
- Perform various protocols including plate-based ELISA assays, western blots, immunohistochemistry, cell-based assays, and flow cytometry
- Moreover, with supervision from senior staff analyze and interpret experimental data, learn new skills, troubleshoot, and contribute intellectually to the project
- Likewise, order supplies, perform support activities and lab maintenance, and function in a team-oriented environment with other scientists and staff at the Institute as well as external collaborators
- Also, assist with presenting data and conclusions at meetings within the Wyss Institute
- Additionally, demonstrate a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and cultural awareness through actions, interactions, and communications with others
- Help train interns, doctoral students and post-doctoral trainees in lab techniques and protocols
- College Background degree in biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, neuroscience or related field. Education may count towards years of experience.
- 1 or more years of experience with molecular and cellular biology techniques such as ELISA, western blots, or related experience.
The skills the incumbent must have for Vacancy for Research Assistant in the USA:
- Bachelors Degree strongly preferred
- Previous experience and ability to operate independently
- Also, previous knowledge and/or experience with rodent handling and tissue preparation is strongly preferred
- Experience with tissue culture is a plus
- Additionally, ability to work well independently and to collaborate with a multidisciplinary group
- Should be highly motivated, detail-oriented, organized, and able to take initiative
- Proficient with personal computers and applicable software packages (Microsoft Office).
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.