Vacancy for Research Assistant at The State University of New Jersey in the USA. The category of the position is Laboratory and Research.
New Jersey’s academic health center, Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (RBHS) takes an integrated approach to educating students, providing clinical care, and conducting research, all with the goal of improving human health. Also, aligned with Rutgers University-New Brunswick and collaborating university wide, RBHS includes eight schools, a behavioral health network, and five centers and institutes that focus on cancer treatment and research, neuroscience, advanced biotechnology and medicine, environmental and occupational health, and health care policy and aging research.
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey is seeking a Temporary Research Assistant for the Child Health Institute of New Jersey within the Rutgers, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School.
Among the key duties of this position are the following for Vacancy for Research Assistant in the USA:
- Assists in performing and analyzing experiments to understand the roles of hypothalamic cell types in regulating food intake and body weight regulation through data collection and analysis.
- Also, Performs animal husbandry and genotyping on the mouse colony to generate the experimental animals, monitor animal health, and follow all animal protocol rules and regulations.
- Moreover, orders supplies and reagents in the lab and monitor their availability and usage.
- Additionally, assists with instruction and training of undergraduate students in laboratory techniques.
- Likewise, compiles and analyzes data with appropriate statistical analysis, conclusions, and future directions in support of further CHI research.
Information about the benefits provided to Rutgers employees can be found at: http://uhr.rutgers.edu/benefits/benefits-overview
Terms of Appointment: Temporary Staff Appointment – Hourly
Minimum Education and Experience
- Recent B.A. or B.S. in Biology, Molecular Biology, Psychology or Neuroscience.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Also, computer literate with proficiency and working knowledge of database and reporting tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Additionally, ability to work collaboratively and independently.
- Prior laboratory experience working with rodents.
- Likewise, experience with coding in Python.
- Must pass employee health clearance, TB Test and required safety training.
- Moreover, must be capable of following all safety precautions in laboratory.
Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more job opportunities.