Apply for Vacancy for Research Specialist at Weill Cornell Medicine in the USA. The category of the job is Laboratory and Research.
Under guidance, oversees and coordinates the daily activities within the research laboratory. This role also assists scientists, both independently and collaboratively, with laboratory and investigative procedures and may be required to work with animal models and/or human subjects.
- Evaluates, recommends, and develops new techniques to assist in overall laboratory efficiency.
- Additionally, writes/amends laboratory operating protocols and implements new technology and protocols as needed.
- Also, ensures laboratory quality assurance goals and standards are met. Evaluates results of quality control trends and implements corrective action when needed.
- Moreover, may independently or semi-independently, design and carry out experiments. Analyzes and interprets experimental results and provides input related to subsequent experimental designs.
- Conducts library research and literature searches using various computer systems. Assists in editing scientific publications, abstracts and/or posters.
- Additionally, audits and screen vendors/suppliers to evaluate the quality of products and equipment they supply. Corresponds with them for technical support pertaining to those products.
- Responsible for tissue & cell culture activities.
- Likewise, prepares and maintains detailed records, logs and summary reports of all procedures and results including graphs, scientific calculations, and statistical analysis charting.
- Maintains inventory of supplies, equipment and/or reagents. May order supplies/equipment/reagents as authorized or ensure that needs are escalated appropriately. Receives supply orders and confirms accuracy of delivery. May assist with cost control.
- Furthermore, ensures a clean working area and is responsible for washing and storing glassware.
- Ensures that safe laboratory practices are followed, including the use and disposal of chemicals and hazardous materials.
- May need to assist in the orientation and training of new investigators, fellows, residents, and technical staff and/or provide working supervision to lower level laboratory staff.
- Moreover, may perform routine molecular biology laboratory procedures, such as PCR, protein and DNA electrophoresis, cloning and DNA preparation.
- Approximately 3-5 years of related work experience within a laboratory.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The incumbent must meet the following for Vacancy for Research Specialist in the USA:
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Also, ability to multi-task and handle multiple competing priorities
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.