Apply for Vacancy for Research Technician at Weill Cornell Medicine in the USA. The deadline for this job is 31st July 2021.
Under supervision, assists scientists with laboratory and investigative procedures. Also, this role performs various assays, imaging experiments, and other technical duties to assist with the research activities of the laboratory and may be required to work with animal models and/or human subjects.
The incumbent must meet the following for Vacancy for Research Technician in the USA:
- Prepares and maintains detailed records, logs and summary reports of all procedures and results including graphs, scientific calculations, and statistical analysis charting.
- Moreover, may be responsible for tissue & cell culture activities.
- Also, may be responsible for animal husbandry, genotyping, surgeries, post-operative care, behavioral testing, sectioning and histology.
- Ensures a clean working area and is responsible for washing and storing glassware.
- Likewise, ensures that safe laboratory practices are followed, including the use and disposal of chemicals and hazardous materials.
- Additionally, analyzes data using computer software and reports results to the principle investigator(s).
- Provides technical support to faculty and staff including training of new employees, residents, postdoctoral associates, fellows and students.
- Furthermore, participates in planning and carrying out experiments. Additionally, assists in preparing research protocols.
- Conducts library research and literature searches using various computer systems. Assists in editing scientific publications, abstracts and posters.
- Moreover, maintains inventory of supplies, equipment and/or reagents. Likewise, may order supplies/equipment/reagents as authorized or ensure that needs are escalated appropriately. Receives supply orders and confirms accuracy of delivery. May assist with cost control.
- Additionally, ensures that facilities and equipment are in optimal and proper working condition. Coordinates preventative maintenance and repairs as needed. May perform minor repairs if qualified and as needed. Also, may advise on upgrades for performance enhancements.
- Some bench lab related experience.
- Moreover, minimum two-year commitment due to a substantial training effort associated with the position
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Also, ability to plan and prioritize work while responding flexibly to rapidly changing priorities.
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more job opportunities.