Apply for Vacancy for Research Technologist at Northwestern University in the USA. The category for this job is Laboratory and Research.
Northwestern University is a private research university in Evanston, Illinois. Founded in 1851 to serve the former Northwest Territory, the university is a founding member of the Big Ten Conference, and is ranked among the top universities in the United States and globally.
Conducts experimental research lab work and/or assists in design of one or more specific phase(s) of entire project(s). May complete mathematical calculations, and/or computer tasks and/or assist in judging validity of data. Furthermore, follows appropriate protocols, policies, procedures, regulations, Good Clinical and Good Laboratory Practices.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Also, hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.
- Following protocols, designs, sets-up and conducts basic experiments.
- Also, analyzes and troubleshoots protocols and data obtained from individual experiments and recommends alternatives and suggestions to improve processes, validity and/or accuracy.
- Maintains detailed records of results which may include collecting, extracting & entering data.
- Moreover, manipulates, interprets &/or presents results.
- Prepares charts & graphs for presentations & publications.
- Likewise, performs scientific literature searches in support of research.
- Tracks & summarizes lab supply expenses.
- Verifies accuracy of invoices.
- Additionally, orders &/or maintains inventory of reagent, mice &/or lab supplies.
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor’s or higher degree in a scientific major or related; OR appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated laboratory experience;
- Also, demonstrated computer skills, including spreadsheets and basic computations;
- Attention to detail and accurate record keeping;
- Additionally, ability to work independently and in a team environment;
- Moreover, manual dexterity.
- Experience in sectioning and staining human brain tissue.
- Likewise, experience in immunohistochemistry.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.